• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Indian Fans Hugbox Thread

Teja.

Global Moderator
For Indian fans to have a safe space to bravely address crucial issues which are never talked about like Dhoni’s slow starts which 100% will cost us the cup.

zorax

likes this
I normally don't tell anyone this - but since this is a safe space I'll spill.

The scars of 2003 still haunt me

zorax

likes this
I'm assuming you didn't watch 1996 because that was far far worse.
Yea I didn't see 1996. 2003 was the first world cup I watched start to finish. I remember the whole family and the neighborhood all gathered together to watch the final

It was the first time I ever had my heart broken

OverratedSanity

2003 I was with a whole bunch of family and friends who were all excited for this glorious second world cup win, while I was the one who just sat there and kept interrupting them from time to time telling them we have basically no chance.

1996 I actually cried like Kambli. Genuinely gut wrenching especially with the crowd stuff at the end.

zorax

likes this
Yea I can't imagine watching that 1996 game live. Srinaths first over must have been incredibly elating, and the it was down and up and down and further down and further down and omg why are the crowd on the pitch what is this what's happening plz stahp

OverratedSanity

That Aravinda innings was incredible. Counterattacking like that when the team is 1-2 takes enormous balls. Very overlooked innings when people talk about great WC knocks.

ankitj

I had an exam next day when that 96 semi final game was in progress. Only way Tendulkar could get out in that tournament was through a mistake of his own. He was going so gun when they stumping happened. It was gut wrenching.

zorax

likes this
Yea I'm sticking to Fizzy until BD have been categorically eliminated from the WC - like I did last WC too :ph34r:

OverratedSanity

Watching the highlights of the de Silva innings now and I'm dumbstruck even now that the crowd that so graciously applauds his fifty also ended the match the way they did.

zorax

likes this
This innings just further hammers in the point that you should always keep a ****ing slip in

Also 90s Sachin such an underrated ODI bowler.

OverratedSanity

Weird that SL were still only 85-4 when he got out, but he got them out of a massive hole when the innings was going nowhere.

h_hurricane

1992 was the first WC I watched and it was particularly disappointing.1996 and 2003 we got defeated by better teams but 1992 we had a chance. For a start, there were no ATG team in that tournament. If not for Shastri's painfully slow scores, things would have been different against Aus and Eng. Kapil played a lot of cameos down the order but we needed one more hitter there.
Azhar and Sachin had a good WC.