• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Road to the 2015 Cricket World Cup

Flem274*

123/5
I agree he's improved but to say he's the first bowler picked is over the top. Boult, along with the other fringe quicks, will get his chance in the next few months to show he's a first teamer and I'd love him to manage it because he's great to watch but today my order on the team sheet starts with Southee, then Mills, then Mitch with Henry first reserve. If Boult does bowl to that or better then we've got the most ODI bowling depth we've ever had.

hendrix

Southee is the only one who can bowl at the death so he's clearly first pick.

Henry and Boult with Southee would just be so good to watch.

Howsie

Nah, no way. Boult has developed his skills needed for limited overs cricket by a larrrrrrrrge margin over the last 12 months. He's our best option, should be the first bowler picked without doubt.

Flem274*

123/5
Nah, no way. Boult has developed his skills needed for limited overs cricket by a larrrrrrrrge margin over the last 12 months. He's our best option, should be the first bowler picked without doubt.
Well he'll have plenty of opportunity to back you up before the world cup.

smalishah84

The Tiger King
Exclusive | One moment in Perth changed our lives: Aaqib Javed - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

wonderful reading this. Imran, you legend :wub:

The right mental approach is vital. A coach, manager, captain or even any other senior player can be the pivotal person. For us, it was Imran Khan. It was all him. The ‘92 World Cup belonged to him and his mind-set. It was his brainchild. If it weren’t for him there’s no way we could have even thought about winning, let alone reach the final.

HA: What was it that he said?

AJ: He came to the dressing room wearing his cornered tiger t-shirt and said “I have thought long and hard, spent a lot of time on this and now I have figured it out: From here, we will not look back. People are announcing your return flights but I am trying to figure out who we will play in the final. Not for a second should you think that we are going back.

Just think about the MCG (Melbourne Cricket Ground), the final. I am thinking about it already. From today onward, we will beat these guys and I’m sure nothing and no one can stop us. Everything is coming together for us now.”

What’s that saying about the universe conspiring to make things happen for you? That’s what he meant.

Baat tou saari dunya karti hai, lekin kaun kar raha hai aur keh kya raha...asal cheez woh hai (Look, anyone can speak, give pep talks but what matters is whom it is coming from)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So 5 of the nein commentators (Tubby, Slats, Nichols, Heals and Huss) think we should pick 2 spinners, Maxwell and the uncapped Boyce in our World Cup squad, interesting.

Burgey

Faulkner is a cert for the squad, and tbh so he should be based on what he's done and the other options for a lower order hitter/ finisher. Be happy if Maxwell misses, but the hype will get him in.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
From Fox Sports..
Possible Australian 30-man squad: Michael Clarke (c), George Bailey (vc), David Warner, Aaron Finch, Shane Watson, Steve Smith, Glenn Maxwell, Mitchell Marsh, Brad Haddin, Mitchell Johnson, Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood, Pat Cummins, Xavier Doherty, James Faulkner, Shaun Marsh, Usman Khawaja, Ben Dunk, Cameron White, Callum Ferguson, Dan Christian, Sean Abbott, Moises Henriques, Matt Wade, Ben Cutting, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Kane Richardson, Ryan Harris, James Pattinson, Nathan Lyon

Thoughts? I guess Dunk, Christian, Abbott and Cutting are probably the selections I have most doubt about.

I wouldn't be surprised to see any of Bollinger, Behrendorff or Voges included.