• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Semi Finals and Final

Turbinator

Yoh Dravid where do you get those avatars..........also whats up with your schooling if you're taking a vacation right now......I mean to say, last time I took a vacation to go to India during school time, it hurt me and my grades ALOT!

Dravid

Not really a vacation, a few family problems is the reason I'm in India. Going back around the start of December most probably. Will have to make up whatever I miss.

As for the Avatar. I've had it on my computer for a while along with 1 more like that. If you want then add me to msn nnindia@hotmail.com and I'll give it to you.

Turbinator

Dravid said:
Not really a vacation, a few family problems is the reason I'm in India. Going back around the start of December most probably. Will have to make up whatever I miss.

As for the Avatar. I've had it on my computer for a while along with 1 more like that. If you want then add me to msn nnindia@hotmail.com and I'll give it to you.
Thanks dawg! :)

Dravid

Play to start in 10 mins. Game has been reduced to 35 overs, but I don't think overs matter to Australia. If a couple of wickets come within 20 runs, we have a game on our hand.

Dravid

Just found out they need 116 runs. I guess West Indies will need more than 2 wickets now. They could surely use another hat trick from Taylor right now

pasag

RTDAS
Finally starting again. Each bowler can have only 7 overs, one power play of 4 overs and revised total of 116 from 35 overs.

If it rains again I'll be so pissed.

TT Boy

TT Boy said:
if Gayle goes early, always more than a fair chance you could have the West Indies all out before the thirtieth over.
Nearly, what was it, thirty one overs in the end.

pasag

RTDAS
And with that, Australia win their first ever Champions trophy. Very solid knocks from Watson and Martyn. All in all it's been a great tournament. Loved every minute of it.

TT Boy

Yeah good tournament, better than I expected. Final was a complete anti climax after the first eight overs but Australia fully deserved to win. Good stuff from Bracken especially, never righted the guy that much but he bowled extremely well in testing times. Also great to see Martyn in the runs, written off before the competition started on here but still a class act.

sideshowtim

Banned
YESSSS!!!

Great day to be Aussie! In the last 10 years we have won EVERYTHING there is to win. We are simply amazing.

That was ODI win number 99 as captain for Ponting too! Excellent stuff!

FaaipDeOiad

Solid chase under minimal pressure after the break. Watson played pretty well, though I think Bracken deserved the Man of the Match award a bit more. If anyone cares, CW report will be up shortly. :p

tooextracool

tooextracool said:
I cant see SA winning this to be honest. I dont think they have the batsmen to pull it off. Its hard to pick between the other 3 but i get the feeling that the team that wins the Aus-NZ game will win the tournament. Wi for mine are a good side, but i think they are quite likely to choke in the final if they get there.
Ahh spot on prediction yet again from yours truly:p

Great Birtannia

I think a lot of people have more respect for the tournament now and that has nothing to do with Australia winning it, just the quality of the cricket and the competitiveness amongst the sides, at least in the group stage. They mentioned on the five live feed that we got through the ABC that they will be scrapping the qualifying and just the top 8 teams will compete in the future which is a good move, if they also switch the tournament out of the World Cup year and run it on an alternative cycle it will become a meaningful competition in it's own right and perhaps down the track become the premier one day tournament, minus the minnows clogging up the fixtures at the world cup.

aussie

I'm a Bracken fan from today superb spell under pressure, he really isn't mentioned a lot when it comes to the 3rd seamer option for the Ashes, but the lad is probably at the peak of career, maybe along with Johnson, Clark, Tait & Gillespie Bracken really showed be consider for the 1st test.

Looking at the tournament, great that Australia have finally won it, long overdue i'd say. Tournament was pretty good, good steppin stone to what we can expect in the super eight round of the world cup.

My team of the Tournament:

Chris Gayle
Stephen Fleming
Shane Watson
Damien Martyn
Shivnarine Chanderpaul
Dwayne Bravo
Mark Boucher
Kyle Mills
Jerome Taylor
Muttiah Muralitharan
Glenn McGrath