• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Swimming Thread***

social

Hmm, so an unknown 15 year old swam quicker than she ever has, I hope the Chinese coach has a stern thing to say to the press, only fair.
Hardly unknown - has basically broken every age level record on the way up

If anything, it was natural progression

Johnners

Wow! 1500m to swim, and the favourites gone with a false start.

edit: Wait, watching on mute, seems it was something in the crowd and he's still in it.

Last edited:

Agent Nationaux

Well, eventually someone was bound to come around who was the best swimmer ever. Doesn't make him the greatest athlete though.

Burgey

Well, eventually someone was bound to come around who was the best swimmer ever. Doesn't make him the greatest athlete though.
Who said it does? He belongs in the argument though. I understand what you're saying about different events, but he's held records over multiple distances and multiple strokes. It would be like Bolt winning the 100 and the 800.

Hope you just watche the hockey, btw. :)

Burgey

Not easy mate. The IOC is spectacular in protecting their copyright images.Those of our networks here who don't hav ethe rights are actually simulating the races using Lego and showing them on TV. I kid you not.

Burgey

Fmd only the Poms could stage a SUMMER Olympics where an open water swimmer gets pulled out of the water with hypothermia.

social

Fmd only the Poms could stage a SUMMER Olympics where an open water swimmer gets pulled out of the water with hypothermia.
And describing it as "open water" is being very ****ing generous - it's a pond ffs and I'm sure that the people that devised the sport didnt have this type of water in mind

_Ed_

Whoa! Great finish to that race. The Hungarian looked completely gone, but just wouldn't let the American get past. Awesome effort.