• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*OLD* T20 Discussion and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
You should have mentioned it before. I don't typically check every match result for an accurate bowling order. I presume you're mainly referring to Adam Hollioake's bowling though, and you definitely should have mentioned that ages ago. You fault IMO, not VC4. :p
Mentioned Adam Hollioake in the bowling orders where he didn't bowl itbt.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Mentioned Adam Hollioake in the bowling orders where he didn't bowl itbt.
Did you mention that he hadn't bowled after the times that he hadn't bowled? Because I only noticed it after you highlighted and bolded him in one of your bowling orders, and surely I'd be forgiven for not picking up on that.

It turned out that I had to increase his total overs to get him to bowl, so it wasn't that he was not part of the bowling order in the VC4 file.

Majin

Is there gonna be a Cocks/ERUB 3rd spot match to decide the second spot in the Champions League now that the Masters made it to the finals, or is it just going off league placement?

Goughy

Is there gonna be a Cocks/ERUB 3rd spot match to decide the second spot in the Champions League now that the Masters made it to the finals, or is it just going off league placement?
A playoff before the final would be cool.

NZTailender

Did you mention that he hadn't bowled after the times that he hadn't bowled? Because I only noticed it after you highlighted and bolded him in one of your bowling orders, and surely I'd be forgiven for not picking up on that.

It turned out that I had to increase his total overs to get him to bowl, so it wasn't that he was not part of the bowling order in the VC4 file.
No, because I thought maybe it had been an oversight for the one round. After the second time, I bolded his name so you would notice. Then in the final game the bowling order wasn't right at all.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Nvm, just seen it.

Mr Mxyzptlk

No, because I thought maybe it had been an oversight for the one round. After the second time, I bolded his name so you would notice. Then in the final game the bowling order wasn't right at all.
Would be due to the number of overs. It's pretty annoying actually, but it's only because of the short of the game (ie 20 overs). So a bowler who is listed as bowling 3.5 overs per game gets automatic preference over someone listed at 3, regardless of bowling order. Pretty annoying, but hopefully all those things would be smoothed out by the next tournament.

HeathDavisSpeed

The league was so close that it's only fair to have a playoff.
As an incentive to Upper Body, for every six hit off my bowling, I will donate $10 to Nnanden for a gym pass to get his torso as buff as the standard as the rest of his team, so he's slightly less of an embarrasment. ;)

NZTailender

Would be due to the number of overs. It's pretty annoying actually, but it's only because of the short of the game (ie 20 overs). So a bowler who is listed as bowling 3.5 overs per game gets automatic preference over someone listed at 3, regardless of bowling order. Pretty annoying, but hopefully all those things would be smoothed out by the next tournament.
Yeah I should point out that my intended point (not so much a point, just letting you know) was to fix this for next season.

Tbh when using VC4, I'd either delete everyones bowling stats who weren't bowling, and(/or) make sure everyone had exactly the same OPM.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
As an incentive to Upper Body, for every six hit off my bowling, I will donate $10 to Nnanden for a gym pass to get his torso as buff as the standard as the rest of his team, so he's slightly less of an embarrasment. ;)
Will be publicly shaming you after my 5-for.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Yeah I should point out that my intended point (not so much a point, just letting you know) was to fix this for next season.

Tbh when using VC4, I'd either delete everyones bowling stats who weren't bowling, and(/or) make sure everyone had exactly the same OPM.
Yea, that's ultimately what I did, but for people who had enough T20 experience to have actual stats (like Hollioake) I forgot to adjust the OPM to suit.

DCC_legend

:( After getting back into the swing of things and deciding to check the results, I'm disappointed from what I've seen of the Ninjas. Some good innings and bowling performances, yes, but the team as a whole hasn't gelled consistently enough to get the results we need...

HeathDavisSpeed

Will be publicly shaming you after my 5-for.
No sure I can be shamed much more than having to drop myself for the semi-final, to be honest.

In other news, interesting that the 3 CWLand captains in the semi final were all from which Dev League side?

Status
Not open for further replies.