• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Original funny thoughts

Shri

Was thinking about multi names to use in the future last night and thought that Trespa_Singh would be funny.

Line and Length

In the '60s I had thoughts of forming a band. I was going to call it Flintlock Stoneheart and the Strawberry Jam. Problem was, the only thing I could play was the fool.

Shady Slim

L+L proving yet again to be a quality addition (hard to say “addition”, he’s more or less a part of the furniture now), shri proving that time on the sidelines will not break an elite poster

i believe that i invented “when ifs and buts become veggies and nuts only then can we end world hunger”, little turn of phrase that nicely sums up inaction and promises by political figures

honestbharani

I once sledged a star batsman in the opposition side in our little beach cricket league when I was 12. He used to take a mighty swing at the ball, and missed a couple of his first shots that day. I was the keeper and I just mumbled as I walked past him for the next ball "you know it is easier to see where the ball is if you can keep your eyes open". Thought myself very clever for the next 30 seconds. He then proceeded to bash a 100 on his own in a 15 over game. After every shot, I swear he was looking back at me with a smirk and at the end of the innings where they made 180 in 15 overs, as we all congratulated him, he told me and my captain who was with me "thanks for the advice, kid. It DID get easier once I started to keep my eyes open". Just to rub it in, he bowled me off my second ball when I came out to bat and we lost by almost a 100 runs, I think.

Line and Length

L+L proving yet again to be a quality addition (hard to say “addition”, he’s more or less a part of the furniture now), shri proving that time on the sidelines will not break an elite poster

i believe that i invented “when ifs and buts become veggies and nuts only then can we end world hunger”, little turn of phrase that nicely sums up inaction and promises by political figures
Thanks for the kind words Shady.

Shady Slim

i think the best original sledge i’ve come up with was when a bat took a huge swoosh outside off and missed i came in with;

“keys in the bowl, *bowler’s name*, batsman wants to swing with you tonight!”

honestbharani

The most common sledge when batsmen take an almighty swing and misses in our area used to be saying "Wow, we are getting some breeze here" and implying they swing their bats like a hand fan. The tamil guys here will understand the phrase "aaah, nalla kaathu varudhu".

Shri

Idk if it is strictly legal but whenever I skied one in a neighbourhood game, we had a fielder who was too **** so he was always stationed at long off. So anyway, whenever I skied it I'd yell out that he's too **** a fielder to catch it and start running. When it started dropping and when he started putting his hands together to catch, I'd yell "dropped" again, he'd put it down 9 times out of trn.:laugh:

Shri

The best is when you add flavourful words to those shouts when it is a tight game. But he was a solid dude. He'd come to my place and make me play single player video games while he sat and watched, providing commentary.