• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan v Kenya

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, the ultimate match of lower-order bowleds.
Amazing, all the last 7 wickets involved the bails being removed (including the run-out).
How many leaves?
And what a collapse! 9 for 27 or something!
Pakistan top the table.
But why did I get such a feeling of inevitability about Malik and Afridi's dismissals?
Rather spoilt Malik's excellent record at the top of the order, that did.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Afridi and Malik dismissals? Caused by over-confidence, IMO. Yup, definitely ruined his record. He was what, 500 runs in 10 matches?

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
BTW, how do you think Afridi will fare against India? I know he took 4 wicket against them last time they faced-off, but what do you think about this competetion? I think Malik and Afridi will be key against India.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
nightprowler10 said:
Afridi and Malik dismissals? Caused by over-confidence, IMO. Yup, definitely ruined his record. He was what, 500 runs in 10 matches?
Dunno, he averaged 46.44 at one, three and four before this.
That's all I'm certain of.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
nightprowler10 said:
BTW, how do you think Afridi will fare against India? I know he took 4 wicket against them last time they faced-off, but what do you think about this competetion? I think Malik and Afridi will be key against India.
Depends on the pitch.
If we get a turner it could be Harbhajan and Kumble against Malik and Afridi.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Both Kumble and Harbhajan are playing? Hmmm, it will most definitely be interesting since the match is scheduled to be played on the same pitch where Afridi was 5/11 today.

P.S: I hope Inzi is able complete his 10,000 runs in the coming up competetion against India. He's 23 short!!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
nightprowler10 said:
Both Kumble and Harbhajan are playing?
Well, I don't know, do I, we'll find-out on the morning, but if we get a turner I'd think those two would be a better option than Agarkar!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
from_da_lost_di said:
what ar ethe standings according to the R.R ??

its was an alright performance by pak !! could've done better ! :)
I'm pretty sure that if it's rained off, Pakistan are ahead on RR and would go through - but that would deprive the cricketing world of a great day.

from_da_lost_di

luckyeddie said:
I'm pretty sure that if it's rained off, Pakistan are ahead on RR and would go through - but that would deprive the cricketing world of a great day.
yea .. well ..
the ultimate goal is to reach the final ...
we take india as any other team .. :) ( i m sure a lot of ppl will feel ants in their pants after this comment :) )

Bouncer

luckyeddie said:
U mean if India Pak game gets called off coz of the rain pak gets through to the next round....?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Bouncer said:
U mean if India Pak game gets called off coz of the rain pak gets through to the next round....?
Yes. Pakistan's NRR is +3.209 whereas India's is +1.960

Rain dance in 5....4....3....

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
eddy said:
wow i'm new. i dont like pakistan i wanted kenya 2 win. dam them 4 being poo.(kenya) argh well.
Welcome to CW, eddy. How fortunate you are to have such an esteemed name.

Deja moo

Neil Pickup said:
The Duckworth/Lewis method?

Two misses and it's off, I'm afraid. Still, better than one...

yes. The other good thing is that matches will be continued the next day , not restarted .