• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Patto for county

Victor Ian

How do we get this to happen? He needs to go there and play the whole season and early next one and become our secret weapon for 2019.

Spark

Global Moderator
How do we get this to happen? He needs to go there and play the whole season and early next one and become our secret weapon for 2019.
I'm sure Notts wouldn't complain about having him back to completely annihilate all before them again.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Are we meaning James or Kurtis?

I'm not sure a County season after having your back fused is on his agenda.

Victor Ian

I'm talking James. Need to get him there and do the whole season and see if he breaks. If not, then he can slot into the test team. In fact Australia need to get all their bowlers over there this winter. It seems there is nothing scheduled between SA and Bangladesh. **** - get the whole f'in team over there. We don't pay them to get fat over winter!

Victor Ian

Piss off these stupid ODI series for no good reason and let our players play county cricket again and they can earn more money doing it too! And we should create a shield team in Darwin but where it is for overseas players to return the favour.

Tom Flint

Heard gilchrist describs pattinson as the best bowler in the world when fit.
What on earth has je done to deserve that title😂😂

Spark

Global Moderator
What on earth has je done to deserve that title����
It's obviously hyperbole but the kind which you can understand if you'd seen him bowl over the last 18 months. He's just completely demolished lineups, utterly petrified them. 2nd div is obvs not great, but he was doing it in the Shield too.

He'd definitely be in the strongest Aus XI if fit and bowling like that IMO. MJ-esque.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I'm talking James. Need to get him there and do the whole season and see if he breaks. If not, then he can slot into the test team. In fact Australia need to get all their bowlers over there this winter. It seems there is nothing scheduled between SA and Bangladesh. **** - get the whole f'in team over there. We don't pay them to get fat over winter!
He already has.

And Marsh brothers, Bancroft, Lyon, all seeking out/secured County spots next year, and I think there might be a couple more.

Tom Flint

Ive seen him in england and he was class and div 2 isnt that far behind div 1 anyway, bar a few teams at the bottom.
And he looked decent for aus at home a couple years ago although still a bit raw.
I dont know why pundits cant just say he's a great bowler with huge potential and will only add to a brilliant attack if he can stay fit.
Rather than calling him the best bowler in the world, when the likes of rabada vern hazelwood starc anderson are taking 50 odd wickets every year

Victor Ian

He already has.

And Marsh brothers, Bancroft, Lyon, all seeking out/secured County spots next year, and I think there might be a couple more.
that sounds good. I hope they are there this year too so they get a full season to hone their techniques.

flibbertyjibber

What on earth has je done to deserve that title����
Not even the best bowler in Australia.

Hazlewood is criminally under rated, not surprising given his nationality.

stephen

Pattinson last summer was quick, accurate and did enough with the ball. The way he ran through the QLD lineup with Lynn, Burns and I think even Khawaja last year was something I'll never forget. He looked scary quick and made Tremain look pedestrian by comparison.

stephen

Hazelwood for me is not only the best aussie quick but also the least injury prone and most adaptable to overseas conditions
Starc is better in Asia but for the most part I'd agree with you. But on form, Pattinson could be better than both, if not for his back.