• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Player ratings thread

GoodAreasShane

I don't know, he did pretty much everything that could have been expected of him and far more.

Amended ratings:

Smith 9.94 (!?)
Cummins 9
Hazlewood 8.5
Labuschagne 8
Pattinson 6
Wade 6
Lyon 5.5
Head 5
Khawaja 4
Siddle 3
Warner 2
Harris 1
Bancroft 1

Second Spitter

He was clearly better than Wade in the 4 tests they played together, downhill skiing ton excepted. Didn't think it was reasonable to have him miles behind Wade, who got a massive ratings boost from the last test.
I've noticed "downhill skiing tons" is a euphemism here for centuries scored by players you don't like. Now I don't like the Angry Ant as much as the next person, but in a series where only four batsmen scored tons, you have to give credit where credit's due.

GoodAreasShane

I've noticed "downhill skiing tons" is a euphemism here for centuries scored by players you don't like. Now I don't like the Angry Ant as much as the next person, but in a series where only four batsmen scored tons, you have to give credit where credit's due.
You have half a point, but really the English bowlers were more or less going through the motions during that innings. Head was a bit more impressive than Wade before he was dropped on the basis that he actually showed good grit and application where as Wade threw his wicket away with awful shots a couple of times. That last test ton however was excellent.

I would never have recalled MMarsh at The Oval, but I turned out to be wrong on that one.

John1990

Smith 10
Cummins 10
Hazlewood 10
M Marsh 9.5
Labuschagne 9
Lyon 7
Starc 7
Paine 7
Wade 5.5
Pattinson 5.5
Siddle 4