• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players Who Made You Taste It

Adders

Neesham actually knocked Stokes off his feet twice with 140kph+ yorkers at the death. There has always been a bit to work with there.
Tbf, a strong gust of wind would have knocked Stokes over at that point......he was spent.

That's not to take anything away from Nesham though. It was quality bowling.

the big bambino

Happy for Plunkett, an underrated bowler who did underappreciated work in the middle overs. Made up for England's lack of a consistent spinner in a way. Btw what has his record been like in the year or years leading up to the CWC? I'm guessing it must have been good to get him selected in the squad in the first place. That is impressive, imo, for a bowler. People say jamodis unduly favour batsmen and therefore don't replicate the pressure of the CWC. They might be a good guide for bowlers though. Bowlers would be continually under pressure in those circumstances and learning to bowl economically and still collecting wickets just might be proof they are good enough for a CWC when runs are generally harder to get.

TheJediBrah

Did Liam Plunkett make anyone taste it during the final? Can't quite remember.
tbh I feel vindicated re. saying England should have picked an extra batsman. The 4th seamer in Wood did quite poorly and maybe England would have actually won the match with some more batting strength.

Spintolose

Happy for Plunkett, an underrated bowler who did underappreciated work in the middle overs. Made up for England's lack of a consistent spinner in a way. Btw what has his record been like in the year or years leading up to the CWC? I'm guessing it must have been good to get him selected in the squad in the first place. That is impressive, imo, for a bowler. People say jamodis unduly favour batsmen and therefore don't replicate the pressure of the CWC. They might be a good guide for bowlers though. Bowlers would be continually under pressure in those circumstances and learning to bowl economically and still collecting wickets just might be proof they are good enough for a CWC when runs are generally harder to get.
Plunkett and his 100% win rate. What a man!
I always said he should play.

Rashid had a one game wonder (even then it wasn't that great) so I don't suppose he 'made me taste it'.

Root too. Tuk tuk tuk to look good in the fantasy cricket stats. He majorly choked in the final even by tuk tuk standards...My prediction of him losing us a crucial game almost came true in the ultimate game.
Thank God for Lord Stokes!!!