• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PMs

Daemon

Can we have them?

Pros
- Mafia
- Exchanging contact details - some of us may be uncomfortable to reveal contact details in the public forum. Even if you delete posts, mods can see them.
- More convenient channel to complain about infractions to mods

Cons
- More convenient channel to complain about infractions to mods
- Public spats will no longer be available for reading pleasure on VM walls
- Spambots?

While we're at it could we have the Afghanistan flag up on the main site banner please

honestbharani

I don't think we should do PMs just for mafia games' convenience. I see more downside than up given the clique nature of CW as it is.

trundler

Yeah would be nice.

Won't have any effect on cliqueness as people you could call parts of clique know each other off site too.

honestbharani

Well, if the argument is that its not gonna become more of a clique, then fine. :) But I assume there was a reason why we have not had it all this while either.

FWIW, I really don't mind either way as, like Daemon said, you find ways to be in touch with the folks you get along with here anyways.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I believe on most forums PMs can still be reported. So any concerns about abuse etc can surely be managed. I don't really see the downside. This forum has a core group of posters and though hb talks about cliqueness he's part of said group. I don't see the issue with certain people conversing via PM. Sledger and I basically run this forum from WhatsApp as it is so you might as well give us an official CW channel to do it.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Like I said, I am not really against it. Guess the concerns about abuse can be handled if you can report PMs too. So then I am all in.

GIMH has been making way too many sensible posts recently. What happened mate? :p