• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool D - Argentina, France, Georgia, Ireland, Namibia

BoyBrumby

Englishman
If France win tomorrow - will Ireland really need to win by 99 points, or have I misunderstood the system?
No, if Irealnd win by 8 or more & score 4 tries they'd advance on head-to-head results as both them & Argentina would end on 14 points. I initially thought it was points difference to separate teams that end on the same number of points, which would've left Ireland with literally no-chance.

vogue

..would love to see Georgia win here...no fan of the French tbh...
highly unlikely tho, mores the pity...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Sorry for the Irish, but they just haven't turned up at all this tournament. Giving EO'S a 4-year contract just before the WC seems a tad hasty in retrospect.

Congrats to Argentina tho, announced themselves a genuine world force last autumn with wins at Twickers & the Stadio Flaminio and have backed it up since. They'll start as favourites in the quarters v the sweaties.

headhunter

Well got slightly better preformance today but truely never turned up at all in this competition.Knew all along it was going to be a tough group and there was always the possiblity this would happen. A preformance would of been nice though!

Perm

Awesome work from Argentina, they really deserve their quarter-final place. If only they had a solid domestic structure and more exposure to international rugby, they would be right up there in the best five teams in the world. Shame, but hopefully their performances at this tournament will provoke some action.

ohtani's jacket

Argentina played really beautiful rugby. I was impressed by their defence, numbers to the breakdown, rolling mauls and link play. Hernandez is a class player. I hate the up and under, but that was the best take I've ever seen. Ireland played their best game of the tournament, but their forwards were swamped and O'Gara sucks. O'Driscoll was a dick when he scored that try.

Piper

Argentina deserve to win the World Cup to be honest. They have Scotland in the QF and I'm sure they'll pass them with no problem. Then it should be South Africa. SA haven't played all that great the passed few games so you never know Argentina might win that one. Well I'm rooting for a All Black v Argentina Final anyway!

PhoenixFire

Argentina deserve to win the World Cup to be honest. They have Scotland in the QF and I'm sure they'll pass them with no problem. Then it should be South Africa. SA haven't played all that great the passed few games so you never know Argentina might win that one. Well I'm rooting for a All Black v Argentina Final anyway!
Wouldn't rule it out tbh. Argentina probably will beat Scotland, and SA will beat Figi. Stranger things would have happened should Argentina beat SA.

headhunter

Argentina played really beautiful rugby. I was impressed by their defence, numbers to the breakdown, rolling mauls and link play. Hernandez is a class player. I hate the up and under, but that was the best take I've ever seen. Ireland played their best game of the tournament, but their forwards were swamped and O'Gara sucks. O'Driscoll was a dick when he scored that try.
Did i miss something??

steds

No. Because you're Irish you just can't see he's a dick.

He also might well be the most overrated player on the planet.

steds

Nah, the first bit of my post was just for the sake of it tbh. Fancied fishing for a reaction. Stand by the overrated bit, though.

Not sure about Henson myself. Reckon someone who is now best known as Gavin Henson - Charlotte Church's other half has a reasonable claim at not being that overrated anymore. Unless you were talking about hiom being a dick...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Nah, the first bit of my post was just for the sake of it tbh. Fancied fishing for a reaction. Stand by the overrated bit, though.

Not sure about Henson myself. Reckon someone who is now best known as Gavin Henson - Charlotte Church's other half has a reasonable claim at not being that overrated anymore. Unless you were talking about hiom being a dick...
Always thought of him as more of a lady's naughty bit rather than a bloke's tbh.

But no, meant overrated. Or he was.