• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool D - Australia, Wales, Georgia, Fiji, Uruguay

Which 2 teams will qualify for the Quarter Finals?

• Total voters

ripper868

Probably not the HT score Wales were expecting to come away with. Uruguay giving a good account against the 2nd XV

Howe_zat

It's remarkable how much less likely Wales are to score when they have the ball for longer. Their two disallowed tries were moves that started in their own half.

That's why they were dropping goals against Australia, but they presumably feel like drop goals against Uruguay isn't an option.

Uruguay meanwhile have put their heart into this tournament. What's not to love?

Favourite moment of the half was the shot where the Uruguayan 10 was about to take a penalty and you could see the sunset behind the mountains in the background. Cool AF.

ripper868

Must admit I've been dipping in and out of this match so only seen patches (I'll be missing none of the Scotland Japan game though).

Think Uruguay probably the front runners for the 'most improved' award.

Canada probably ly deserve the 'must try harder' comment on the report card though.

StephenZA

Must admit I've been dipping in and out of this match so only seen patches (I'll be missing none of the Scotland Japan game though).

Think Uruguay probably the front runners for the 'most improved' award.

Canada probably ly deserve the 'must try harder' comment on the report card though.
If Japan get to quarters beating Ireland and Scotland then gonna be them.

ripper868

Yeah fair, Japan Most improved, Uruguay get the coaches encouragement award.

Uruguay nearly had a runaway intercept in the phase before William's try there, 21-20 could have made that last 10 mins intriguing....as it is though, we now look forward to England v Aus next week.

Howe_zat

That last two minutes was complete nonsense, like the end of the England-USA game.

Credit to Uruguay for being still desperate to score without caring about trying to reduce the margin. They have won hearts and I hope some of these guys get the chance to play club rugby in Europe.