• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Progressive team of the series

hazsa19

Struggling to argue with that. It's hard to make room for Leach or Lyon. You might have hit the nail on the head with that team.
Lyon took 20 wickets at 33, bowled his team to victory at Edgbaston, bowled a shitload of overs at under 3 RPO in their other victory so played an important role. Reckon room could be made.

stephen

For all the hype about Archer he was out bowled by Broad with the new ball.

Burns
Root
Labuschagne
Smith
Stokes
Wade
Bairstow+
Cummins
Lyon
Archer
Hazlewood

12th: Broad

Tempted to being in Leach over Lyon but then I realise that's because of his batting and not his bowling. Captaincy defaults to Root.

Lillian Thomson

The BBC website team as voted by .......... people who voted on the website.

A little bowler heavy and neither captain.

Burns
Denly
Labuschagne
Smith
Stokes
Bairstow
Cummins
Archer
Hazlewood
Broad
Lyon

John1990

Lyon took 20 wickets at 33, bowled his team to victory at Edgbaston, bowled a shitload of overs at under 3 RPO in their other victory so played an important role. Reckon room could be made.
He bowled crap most of the series. I can't justify picking him over the four seamers personally. I can't justify picking a spinner for the sake of it when the four seamers could maintain relentless pressure without him.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
For me, Lyon's output don't reflect how well he bowled - certainly returns of 2-114 at Headingley and 0-102 at Lord's didn't reflect his performance.

mr_mister

Don't really get the point of these combined teams when it's just a 2 horse race (multi team tournaments a different matter)