• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Quarter Final 2 - France v Greece

Craig

World Traveller
I think this tournament has shown that Thierry Henry is not the best striker/forward in the world.

Scores a shed load against weaker defences of the EPL but goes missing for France in the big tournaments, and in the CL QF v Chelsea and in the FA Cup v Manure.

Zinedine should retire from international football.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Craig said:
I think this tournament has shown that Thierry Henry is not the best striker/forward in the world.

Scores a shed load against weaker defences of the EPL but goes missing for France in the big tournaments, and in the CL QF v Chelsea and in the FA Cup v Manure.

Zinedine should retire from international football.
We all knew that about Henry anyway...

Simon

WCC Staff
i agree with you neil, one of my favourite players Mateja Kezman wants to play in the EPL in 04/05, i know hes not the best, but hes scored buckets of goals for PSV and i think his game will suit playing in the premiership....

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Van Nistelrooy's one of the best strikers.He scores for Man Utd and Holland.Henry only scores for Arsenal.(who might i add didn't beat Man U but beat the lesser teams)

superkingdave

roseboy64 said:
Van Nistelrooy's one of the best strikers.He scores for Man Utd and Holland.Henry only scores for Arsenal.(who might i add didn't beat Man U but beat the lesser teams)
If it wasn't for the dodgy interpretation of the offside rule and a dodgy penalty he would have scored one in the tournament. The sooner he gets put out to pasture the better

Craig

World Traveller
broncoman said:
i agree with you neil, one of my favourite players Mateja Kezman wants to play in the EPL in 04/05, i know hes not the best, but hes scored buckets of goals for PSV and i think his game will suit playing in the premiership....
Well West Bromwich Albion wanted to sign him.

He is also a target for newly promoted Florientina.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
PY said:
There won't be any Swiss refs involved in the tournament after that shocker last night!!
With games now only 1 a day and Italy out, isn't the answer obvious - Collina to referee the rest of the Tournament on his own!

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
Based on 4 whole games?
Based on the fact that he hasn't really stepped up at the highest level and that he went missing in a certain Champions League Quarter Final at Highbury.

You have three group games before the sudden death matches come in, you have to really preform from Game 1.