• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Quarter-finals

OverratedSanity

Not too much sympathy for Costa Rica tbh. Defended well but if your only game plan is to take it to penalties and you don't close it out well then meh

OverratedSanity

Massive props to the Dutch. Lots of teams would've lost their cool after screwing up so many chances and being frustrated for an hour and a half. Classy penalties.

Last edited:

Burgey

Well I suppose the Dutch deserved that, despite being so profligate in front of goal. That last 10 minutes was mad

The Sean

That's a hell of a collection of penalty takers that the Dutch have there as well, I reckon they'd be favourites for most shootouts.

OverratedSanity

Well I suppose the Dutch deserved that, despite being so profligate in front of goal. That last 10 minutes was mad
Most of the knockout matches so far have basically followed the same pattern of not much happening for 90 minutes with all hell breaking lose at some point in extra time.