• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Raina

Smith

Banned
When was the last time an Indian player played in County Cricket and benefited (Not talking monetary benefit) from it ? There are world class batsmen in his own team if he wants to learn it.
Zaheer Khan? Now Chawla?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
When was the last time an Indian player played in County Cricket and benefited (Not talking monetary benefit) from it ? There are world class batsmen in his own team if he wants to learn it.
There is no coaching academy in the world like county cricket. World class players, experts, support staff. And you get to bowl and bat. A lot.

Players like RP Singh had simple things wrong. He had a weakness in the upper thigh, which was fixed with the appropriate strength regimen - why couldn't an Indian coach have noticed that? Because Indian state boards hire people to pay back favors, not the people best qualified. And Zaheer is a miles better bowler after his stint with Worcestershire.

Players do not make the best coaches, and they may not know anything about fitness (especially the Indian team), biomechanics, etc. I firmly believe that county cricket is one of the best things any young player can do, in terms of his career. The resources and training you get is second to none. The WI bowlers of the past used it as a finishing school, and for good reason.

It's too bad there is no formal relationship to exchange players between first class teams around the world. I think it would do everyone a lot of good.

Shri

There is no coaching academy in the world like county cricket. World class players, experts, support staff. And you get to bowl and bat. A lot.

Players like RP Singh had simple things wrong. He had a weakness in the upper thigh, which was fixed with the appropriate strength regimen - why couldn't an Indian coach have noticed that? Because Indian state boards hire people to pay back favors, not the people best qualified. And Zaheer is a miles better bowler after his stint with Worcestershire.

Players do not make the best coaches, and they may not know anything about fitness (especially the Indian team), biomechanics, etc. I firmly believe that county cricket is one of the best things any young player can do, in terms of his career. The resources and training you get is second to none. The WI bowlers of the past used it as a finishing school, and for good reason.

It's too bad there is no formal relationship to exchange players between first class teams around the world. I think it would do everyone a lot of good.
I hope Piyush Chawla improves his game too. Would be a good option to have for test matches when Bhajji retires. After Bhajji leaves the test side, this would be the bowling attack:

Mohnish Parmar
Amit Mishra

Back up: Piyush Chawla, Pragyan Ojha.

R_D

I hope Piyush Chawla improves his game too. Would be a good option to have for test matches when Bhajji retires. After Bhajji leaves the test side, this would be the bowling attack:

Mohnish Parmar
Amit Mishra

Back up: Piyush Chawla, Pragyan Ojha.
Parmar... isn't that the guy with a dodgy action ?

haven't seen him bowl but from all report.. his action is pretty bad.