• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals and Final Discussion

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Can't see us making it past SA. Even with the choke factor. Our batting is sure to crumble even if our bowling gives us a chance.

Sanz

I think South Africa is going to destroy the weak Pakistani bating lind up.. their batsmans have struggled throughout the tournment.. Facing such a strong bowling line up of South Africa.. i don't think they could win..so my money is on South Africa..
south africa or west indies should lift the cup.

I hate to see it in the hands of the pakis or the lankans. they dont deserve it:@
May I know which country (of the ones in SF) you two gents are rooting for the Cup ?

Mahindinho

I think South Africa is going to destroy the weak Pakistani bating lind up.. their batsmans have struggled throughout the tournment.. Facing such a strong bowling line up of South Africa.. i don't think they could win..so my money is on South Africa..
Pakistan are just two "fight like cornered tigers" team talks away from winning this one!

No, seriously, things are coming together for them -- it's as though Lady Luck's sitting in their metaphorical passenger seat.

You could say the same about the WIndies, however.

Xuhaib

Pakistan are just two "fight like cornered tigers" team talks away from winning this one!

No, seriously, things are coming together for them -- it's as though Lady Luck's sitting in their metaphorical passenger seat.

You could say the same about the WIndies, however.
No Imran for the pep talk I think SA would be a bridge too far for Pakistan.

Lostman

Hope SL pick Maharoof for the semi. We might have a chance of getting a boundary or two if he bats in the last 5 overs.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Hope they pick both Maharoof and de Saram. Silva and Mubarak are not exactly great selections.

AaronK

May I know which country (of the ones in SF) you two gents are rooting for the Cup ?
i have to say i don't hold views like Shunmuga.. I have said that based on recent pakistani performance..

they haven't sort out their bating yet.. their two main batsmans Malik and Misbah are out of form.. South Africa's bowling line up and fielding has been the best in this tournment.. they managed to defend their lowest total in the world cup and if they perform like that.. Pakistan's weak batting will colapes under 100 runs..

My favorite teams are West Indies, Sri Lanka and Pakistan.. but i don't think any of them are as good as South Africa.. so as much as i like any of those teams to win it.. but South Africa has the most chance..

R_D

Can't see us making it past SA. Even with the choke factor. Our batting is sure to crumble even if our bowling gives us a chance.
Don't underestimate the choke factor........ hahaha would be funny if they choke again.
It must be weighing down on their mind already.

SL vs Pakistan would be good final.

biased indian

Would be nice if SA can win it......

i hope for SA vs WI final ...both teams have been good so far and they have not won a major trophy for a long time ...

pskov

South Africa to this point have played the best cricket and would be the most deserving winners. Sri Lanka are who I would like to win it, partly because I like a lot their team and partly because of the trauma their country has/is been going through these last months and it would be nice if their supporters could get some small consolation by lifting the trophy.

Migara

south africa or west indies should lift the cup.

I hate to see it in the hands of the pakis or the lankans. they dont deserve it:@
from where you are coming it's not rocket science to guess whom you are supporting. but my dear, they are done and dusted now.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I want South Africa to win and hope that they don't add to their list of chokes. Kallis has proven his point of being a quality T20 player like I knew he would and the team is really strong. The West Indies and Pakistan are dark horses. It will be good in way whichever team wins - South Africa winning would mean the best team has won the cup, Lanka and Pakistan winning will mean they have some thing to celebrate, Windies winning could give a new lease of life to cricket in the islands in their own small way. So I don't mind any of the teams winning, just looking forward to some good cricket.

And may i ask why they don't deserve to win? :blink:
why should they ?

one of them cheated in this very tournament and the other has two chuckers, malinga and murali.

by the way, i am glad that india is out of the tournament :) but really sad that england is out as well. perhaps they should have replaced shaw with napier and they should seriously look for a replacement for bopara. honestly, he is a liability with anchor players like pieterson and colly in the side. perhaps another big hitter would be good

Because
1) he's Indian
2) he's a LTTE sympathizer
why? being loyal to the country iam in, makes me an LTTE sympathizer? i am not the type to spit on the country that feeds me. no matter where my origins are, I would support britain and its friendly states like australia and south africa.