• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sir Ben Stokes

Burgey

Bradman was Tory through and through. That’s why he was an arsehole. His missus was Bob Menzies’ cousin.

stephen

As if Ben Stokes is fit to attend the grave of Bradman, let alone being given a knighthood like him. The bloke is a thug.

Though maybe the reason is that England have decided to go back to giving people knighthoods for how good they are at fighting. Sir Elton John must be terrified.

TheJediBrah

Can you imagine if they actually knighted a bloke that should genuinely be in prison for assault? Surely there'd be backlash

DriveClub

Can you imagine if they actually knighted a bloke that should genuinely be in prison for assault? Surely there'd be backlash
I would think that actually fit the description of a knight as that's what these knights were doing colonising all the countries by fighting the good fight

stephen

Nah true knights were done and dusted before the era of colonisation. Unless you count the crusades as a failed colonisation attempt.

TheJediBrah

Done.
Dharmasena: "I think maybe it should only be 5 runs"
Stokes: "It must be 6 runs **** you always get everything wrong"
Dharmasena: "yeah fair enough but I don't know if I should call it 6?""
Stokes: "you want to end up like that bloke in Bristol?"
Dharmasena: "6 runs"
KW: "Hey guys, umm, I think . . . nevermind"

TheJediBrah

"I think, talking to Michael Vaughan who saw him after the game, Ben Stokes actually went to the umpires and said, 'Can you take that four runs off. We don't want it'.“
Hiring Game of Thrones writers for their made up quotes I see

DriveClub

Vaughan is like the worst human being ever, winning the Ashes really got to his head. This is what happens when you knight someone, kp suffering from the same issue