• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Argentina Thread

Piper

Argentina are fast becoming the 'dark horses' of this World Cup. They are now ranked 4th in the world and I think it is only right that there is a thread dedicated to them.

Perm

Some classy players alright, I've always said that a solid domestic structure and more international exposure could lead to them becoming rugby giants. Hopefully after their performances we get to see some action.

Piper

Yeah I agree. I think they should be added to either the Tri-Nations or the Six Nations. It's a shame that they are such a good side and yet they don't have real competition very often. I would personally love to see them in the Six Nations, helps with the fact that the majority of the team plays in Europe.

Perm

Yeah I agree. I think they should be added to either the Tri-Nations or the Six Nations. It's a shame that they are such a good side and yet they don't have real competition very often. I would personally love to see them in the Six Nations, helps with the fact that the majority of the team plays in Europe.
I doubt they'll be added to the Tri-Nations, as SANZAR insist on being tossers about the whole thing. Having them in the Six Nations would only be viable if they were willing to play their 'home' games in Europe, perhaps in a country like Spain, Portugal or Romania? It would increase the popularity and exposure of the game in these countries, aswell as giving Argentina a home base. I think they've stated in the past they would play their 'home' games in Europe if it meant they were part of the Six Nations.

vogue

..awta....would like to see them get through to the final in the rwc too

Piper

I doubt they'll be added to the Tri-Nations, as SANZAR insist on being tossers about the whole thing. Having them in the Six Nations would only be viable if they were willing to play their 'home' games in Europe, perhaps in a country like Spain, Portugal or Romania? It would increase the popularity and exposure of the game in these countries, aswell as giving Argentina a home base. I think they've stated in the past they would play their 'home' games in Europe if it meant they were part of the Six Nations.
Maybe with the way they have played so far in the World Cup people will start taking notice and let them do that. I think it would be great for the sport in Argentina and the sport as a whole. *Prays*
Maybe we should start a petition? lol

Pup Clarke

Bah, Argentina are good at bloody all sports, such a talented nation as they excel at Football, Rugby and Tennis. :)

Piper

For sure.. But Rugby hasn't been all that big in Argentina due to the 'success' of their football team. But now with their Rugby team doing well, it's starting to take priority over their football.

Perm

For sure.. But Rugby hasn't been all that big in Argentina due to the 'success' of their football team. But now with their Rugby team doing well, it's starting to take priority over their football.
They can certainly draw the crowds, don't worry about that. It's not the passion for the game that's lacking, it's the organisation and structure required to be successful at Test level.

ripper868

wanted the pumas to join trinations for ages...isnt there word South africa is gonna leave to join 6 nations...or is that just my tummy rumbling

Julian87

I actually have $20 on them to win.

Some maori bloke gave me a whole heaps of reasons that they'd do well one night when I was drunk at the local. Could be the best drunken decision I hve made.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I actually have $20 on them to win.

Some maori bloke gave me a whole heaps of reasons that they'd do well one night when I was drunk at the local. Could be the best drunken decision I hve made.
I know a lot of Kiwi's who are backing em.

BlackCap_Fan

Theres word that SA is going to leave to play African teams.
Who's there to play? I can't think of any african teams that are even close to SA's calibre.

And just to those who are wondering about how much exposure the wc is getting in Argentina: the answer is alot. I've heard that the Boca-river plate football match coverage was delayed to make way for the quarter final. Boca vs River plate is roughly equal to Madrid vs Barcelona, in terms of popularity and stuff. So this WC success is great for Argentina. They just need a regular international competion - pity they're on the other side of the world from, well, everyone. That's not the only problem, too.

Last edited:

simmy

If they are going to win today, Hernandez needs the game of his life and the pack have to at least match RSA's. Should be a great game.