• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Blue Thread

Travis_Teh

I'm going to change things around for the next FC match. Particularly the top order. We can't keep on cheating ourselves out of batting points like we are doing.

Negative on Demeza in a OD match. Other options will be explored :p Unless Sean is that bad of a captain to play under :cool:

Chins up - things will turn around quick enough. We've been through this many times before heh.

Travis_Teh

FC vs Green

Batting deep, due to our plethora of all-rounders. Unlucky for Downes to miss out, Robb to debut and Crowther to keep in there.

Cannon needs to perform with the ball.

Mamesh and Bowen need runs. Young has been rested. Luffman and Langley Jnr having a shot at teh top order.

Hopefully we take 20 wickets, too.

new_age_ar

Nice to finally score some runs. Me and Bowen really needed that match to keep our spots. Hopefully I can keep it going. Lots of potential in our batting line up. Love the attacking batting line up as well. Got a challenge for the first time in my career to have the fastest batting s/r, Bowen and Loganathan really putting some pressure on.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Nice to finally score some runs. Me and Bowen really needed that match to keep our spots. Hopefully I can keep it going. Lots of potential in our batting line up. Love the attacking batting line up as well. Got a challenge for the first time in my career to have the fastest batting s/r, Bowen and Loganathan really putting some pressure on.
Pretty sure last season I had the fastest batting S/R in the entire comp. Min 100 runs or so.

new_age_ar

Pretty sure last season I had the fastest batting S/R in the entire comp. Min 100 runs or so.
Yeah just had a another look and my s/r usually 80 odd. Thought that would be up there, but you and Jaso generally go at 100 and 80 odd is top 10 normalyl. Time up my run scoring, way too slow.

Travis_Teh

Yeah, it's cool having a few guys who smash runs so quickly. But it's a bit hit and miss at the moment :p :(

If you all get a quickfire 40 (minimum) each every innings with the other anchors in the team then i'd be quite happy :p

Stop mis-firing, thanks :D heh

With our bowling aswell (mainly myself) we're basically guaranteed a result hah.

Simon

WCC Staff
Just FYI I am trying to follow those orders to bat Mamesh and Bowen slower, they are only on about 20% aggression most of the time, in that game against Green Bowen was never above 40% in that first innings.

Travis_Teh

Just FYI I am trying to follow those orders to bat Mamesh and Bowen slower, they are only on about 20% aggression most of the time, in that game against Green Bowen was never above 40% in that first innings.
Wow. Imagine if he was on aggressive :ph34r:

chaminda_00

Hey Trav is there a reason why I haven't bowled in FC. I know we have lots of all rounders, but there been some matches were we have been smashed pretty hard. Is my FC bowling that poor? I set myself stats to be a better limited overs bowler, like the great man. But I thought I would be a bit more handy with the ball in FC.

Travis_Teh

Hey Trav is there a reason why I haven't bowled in FC. I know we have lots of all rounders, but there been some matches were we have been smashed pretty hard. Is my FC bowling that poor? I set myself stats to be a better limited overs bowler, like the great man. But I thought I would be a bit more handy with the ball in FC.
Yeah, high 30's @ a econ that would make me blush :p We'll have a shot in upcoming games.

Simon

WCC Staff
You did also sign up with an excellent batting average so you have to comprimise somewhere so it was bowling, also you are set to an "Occasional" bowler in FC I believe.

Travis_Teh

Solid win vs Black in FC. Captains votes:

3 Bowen
2 Crampton
1 Langley Jnr

Unchanged for the next OD'er. Will be making amendments to both sides in the upcoming rounds, however.