• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Ireland Thread

Francis

Ireland have abloody aweful draw to get through... kind of sad since they're probably the best chance the northern hemisphere are gonna have. O'Driscoll > one magnificent mama jama

ohtani's jacket

Ireland desperately need to beat France and Argentina in their pool games. If they can do that, then maybe they can win the World Cup. But they may very well miss the quarters.

Perm

Ireland desperately need to beat France and Argentina in their pool games. If they can do that, then maybe they can win the World Cup. But they may very well miss the quarters.
Argentina aren't a bad side, but Ireland should be able to defeat them fairly easily.

reptillia

I don't think Ireland can claim that. France have the wood over them.
Well that's a really hard thing to judge, because France are a hot and cold, when they're hot none of the other northern hemisphere teams can touch them but when there not they can get beaten by scotland :) . While Ireland are more concistent.

reptillia

We can win the world cup.
We have a world class back row and lineout a little work on the scrum and we will be very close mark my words!
Yes Stephen we have a good back row, as do South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, France and England :laugh:. And no our scrum could not be described as "needing a little work" it is apalling, but I agree that we have a very good lineout, and IMO the best centre combination in the world.

headhunter

That i will agree with you O'Driscoll and Darcy are a great partnership.
And Horgan is as good as any winger in the world IMO.

reptillia

Stephen I know you said IMO but come on!!!! Shane Horgan is a very good winger, probably world class, but Joe Rockoco, Sitiveni Sivivatu, Bryan Habanna, and Lote Tuiqiri are all in league above Horgan.

reptillia

Oh and BTW Stephen on your point on Irish Back Row, they're not that good as the panelists on RTE have also said, they're a little unbalanced because they're all natural blindside flankers

BoyBrumby

Englishman
O'Driscoll gets a cheap shot...

...from some thug playing for Bayonne. From YouTube.

You might miss it the first time, but the clips shows it about half-dozen times. Cut to Nickelback, sadly, but you can't have everything.

headhunter

That was disgracefull should get a hardy ban for something like that!
Anyway looks like he will only be out for the 2 opening games and should be back for the 2 crunch ones.
Stringer is out of our warm up against italy although with back spasam.

reptillia

Can ireland win the rugby world cup?

personally i think we can ehat are your views?
Come you have to give them some hope
yes and we got be by france by a last min try!!!
We hammered S.A last year how can you put them in with chances and not us??
They were 2 weak teams come the world cup it will be a compleat different game!!!
We can win the world cup.
We have a world class back row and lineout a little work on the scrum and we will be very close mark my words!

YOU'RE NOT SINGING!! YOU'RE NOT SINGING!!! YOU'RE NOT SINGING ANYMORE! YOU'RE NOT SINGING ANYMORE!!!!!!!! :happy:

Told you I was right! Whenever will you learn!!! And shut up! I had to enjoy my moment of glory!!:laugh:

And now i'm gone 4eva babezzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!111111111111111111111 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ah class they have a *rolls eyes emoticon on this 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) well if you looked at widget!!!!:laugh: