• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Jets Thread

steds

Who said Grade teams weren't allowed their own threads to converse in? No one. Good.

First of all, I'd like to welcome Megan Gaukroger to this (not so) mighty club.

Next, I'd like to congratulate you all on our one victory this year, yet firmly point out that we have lost two and more effort is required.... Get out and ****ing practise, lazy gits! :p

Btw, for when Håk reads this: are you allowed to opt out of a few Grade games? When I played, Tharmi didn't get a bowl.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Surprised it took this long for one of these to emerge.

Does this mean the likes of RF Prabhakar Rao will be posting here now?

steds

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Does this mean the likes of RF Prabhakar Rao will be posting here now?
Perhaps. I'm expecting Holden Wallis to be the most active, though.

Btw, Shouldn't Suds be inactive?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Nope. He's tied up with academics atm, but generally posts around these parts whenever he's on CW. He did his best to establish activity in the offseason/preseason.

Worth noting that inactivity will only be assessed at the end of each quarter.

steds

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Nope. He's tied up with academics atm, but generally posts around these parts whenever he's on CW. He did his best to establish activity in the offseason/preseason.

Worth noting that inactivity will only be assessed at the end of each quarter.
Ok. Fair enough.

David

International 12th Man
Once my moderator powers were invoked I was going to set up a thread for each club, but I might instead make a thread and invite someone from each club to write a history of their club.

Edit: Tired and many errors. Probably still some.

Last edited:

David

International 12th Man
No, but I'd be able to maintain them.
Unfortunately when you're a pleb, you can only edit your posts for a couple of days before they're set in stone. Mods however....

:ph34r:

Edit: Yes Sean, you can opt out of playing a few grade cricket games.

Last edited:

Eyes_Only

Come on boys!!

Personally, am not happy with my efforts so far...23 and 11 is just not good enough...

Will have to improve greatly if I want to hold my place in the team

steds

Eyes_Only said:
Personally, am not happy with my efforts so far...23 and 11 is just not good enough...

Will have to improve greatly if I want to hold my place in the team
Just playing yourself back into form after a 3 season absence, I bet. Those scores will come flooding in once you've got it back. ;)

Eyes_Only

steds said:
Just playing yourself back into form after a 3 season absence, I bet. Those scores will come flooding in once you've got it back. ;)
I hope that's all it is and I also hope the ankle injury that kept me out won't flare again!! 8-)

chaminda_00

Nice win by the Jets, hopefully we can continue it next game when Sean, James, Thamba and hopefully Chris comeback. I bags the new ball Sean. :p

chaminda_00

Some pretty good performances results of late have jumped us up to 3rd on the table. Top stuff guys especially to James, Thamba and Chris in the last game.

new_age_ar

Haven't commented in this thread yet, looks like we are playing pretty well with Andy and Tharmi dominanting with the bowl. I think im playing a few games soon, when Reds have a bye, hopefully i contribute to some wins for the Jets.

chaminda_00

Ok first up season for us, probably should have finished higher then 5th, but with the players we lost during the season, it was probably going to be hard.

A bit disappointed with the way i finished of the season for us, hardly took any wickets at all. Oh well it was great playing with all you guys and girls, hopefully we will take our game up another level next season and push for the title.