• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The New Zealand Politics Thread

_Ed_

Obviously I haven't always been a fan, but her obvious disdain for the new leadership of the party was highly entertaining. I'll miss it.

Chewie

Basing it on valuations is far from perfect but it's already done for rates without too many problems. With regard to asset rich, income poor people, I'm not too concerned. In the case of the elderly, it's already accounted for in the policy. I'm sure similar regimes are possible for people who are unemployed or otherwise unable to work. Not to say that forcing people to effectively right down the value of their homes is likely to be a popular policy, but that's a separate matter.
houses are just one of many assets that would be captured under this

Athlai

Not Terrible
Interesting, definitely felt she could have made a comeback.

I've always disdained Paula but I felt in the last few years she did remarkably well to change her image into a possible future PM contender for the Nats.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Interesting, definitely felt she could have made a comeback.

I've always disdained Paula but I felt in the last few years she did remarkably well to change her image into a possible future PM contender for the Nats.
I wonder if she sees that after Muller it'll be Luxon, and she won't get a look in and just cbf spending time and energy climbing the ranks again.

_Ed_

Muller's calling on the government to open the border to tourists, but only the ones who don't have Covid. Wonder why no one thought of that...

Fuller Pilch

I thought "Zip it sweetie" was up with Lange's "uranium on his breath" line and Muldoon's comments about Australians. Sad, but inevitable, to see her go. Pretty impressive for a teenage solo mum to become deputy PM.

hendrix

Muller's calling on the government to open the border to tourists, but only the ones who don't have Covid. Wonder why no one thought of that...
NZ is not open to anyone on a tourist visa, whether or not you have covid.

I don't believe he's serious about it though because he hasn't given any details.

If he is serious about it then I will consider voting national for the first and probably only time in my life.

Flem274*

123/5
i like their ambition but the greens policy isn't quite big dick enough to work. should have gone all in on the ubi. their proposal will be destroyed by national and seeyyymour rarking up the upper middle class into believing it will ruin them.

the genius of ubi is even the rich get to eat cake.
Pretty impressive for a teenage solo mum to become deputy PM.
it shouldn't be, and many of the reasons it isn't are members of her party

if muller wins im entering politics.

NZTailender

NZ is not open to anyone on a tourist visa, whether or not you have covid.

I don't believe he's serious about it though because he hasn't given any details.

If he is serious about it then I will consider voting national for the first and probably only time in my life.
Of course there's no details. it's an empty soundbite trying to promote themselves as Party Economy. They have had absolutely zero ideas on how to manage the virus (in the early days of the outbreak), properly manage borders, have criticised the govt for being incompetent about letting in covid, yet want to wantonly let people in en masse because muh economy. They're just doing reactionary politics to try and gain votes.

NZTailender

i like their ambition but the greens policy isn't quite big dick enough to work. should have gone all in on the ubi. their proposal will be destroyed by national and seeyyymour rarking up the upper middle class into believing it will ruin them.
Agreed. They should've gone full UBI. Even libertarians are on board with that, so I hear, so maybe ACT would be too :ph34r:

NZTailender

Would be interesting to police that.

here's my certificate from Hollywood Upstairs Medical. let me in. Thanks

oh now I'm here btw I have covid, gimme free healthcare because my home country is a joke.

_Ed_

Grant Robertson said:
(Muller) has the consistency of a bored cat. When the border is closed, he wants it open; when the border is open, he wants it closed.
Pretty good line, IMO.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Great to see National doing everything they can to ensure this labour popularity bubble never bursts.

FMD I don't remember a worse year for any NZ political party.