• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Official Indian Politics Thread

duffer

Wait, I was under the impression that most of these encounters were staged, hence the ridiculousness at the glorification of the act.

I mean, if they were actually trying to escape from prison or shoot at cops, then fair fecks to the cops for shooting them.

duffer

On another topic, it seems Reddit is being blocked by some isp's with more to follow. Seems a lot of other sites are in the crosshairs too.

We might all need vpn's very soon

Anil

Can someone explain to me the joy our people seem to get seeing suspects who haven't been convicted getting 'encountered?'

Not specific to Vikas Dubey, but there seems to be one every few months here and people in general celebrate them.
the justice system in india being what it is...i remember when these extra judicial killings started to happen and become popular...there was even a ram gopal verma movie several years back (ab thak chhappan) based on some actual events (i think?) which kind of glorified this approach...

ankitj

It's an open secret that many encounters are staged. I remember reading an article by Shekhar Gupta. These were carried out under Congress govt as they are under BJP govt. And there was a silent understanding that the political parties won't question each other on these. Many times this seemed to be the quick fix for fixing gang violence. I will confess to having moral dilemma about what exactly I feel about extra judicial killings of criminals who are known beyond doubt to be hardened criminals (note petty criminals are not killed in this way usually). What is unambiguously murky however is that if these gangsters had a lot of secrets to reveal (about high and mighty) and those die with them, and it is alleged that in some cases that's exactly why they are killed. That's decidedly ******. It's likely that was the case with this Vikas Dubey guy.

Last edited:

Teja.

Global Moderator
The Vikas Dubey murder is obviously to protect politicians from future headaches IMO.

It sucks that a guy can be encountered after specifically surrendering an out of state temple to avoid that fate.