• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Official Indian Politics Thread

Arachnodouche

Yeah, the light skin = good theory was promoted by Western scholars of the 19th century who had their own vested interests in advancing the Aryan Invasion Theory. It's enough to put anyone off from relying on an English translation of the vedic corpus by someone with an Anglo-Saxon last name. Which of course isn't to say that varna biases (not based on skin color, as if that makes it any better) hadn't ossified before the Brits came calling; only that the British used those social divisions to their advantage for administrating a vast empire.

honestbharani

:laugh: There is this screengrab of Arnab shouting about boycotting Chinese products and there is the wonderfully timed "sponsored by Oppo" there right in front of him.

Kirkut

I remember when twitter was new, there were Indian fans savagely abusing Michael Vaughan for that vaseline on bat comment and Vaughan was literally taking the pain asking every poster individually to be polite. Probably the only time I saw a high profile person replying to fan posts on twitter. :laugh:

duffer

Awful, awful story that. Can't say I know too much about Indian police brutality. Is it a big issue across the country?

honestbharani

Its not that widely reported. I don't think it is anything systemic but there are always odd incidents. The real trouble is most of the time police can end up being henchmen for the politicos. That is why evne the cases of brutality usually do not get covered, as you can be sure there is a big shot politician behind those and he will make sure it does not see the light of the day.

Arachnodouche

Man, if Americans think they have it bad with their cops, they should come spend a month in India. There's no conceivable trouble you can get into, or get out of for that matter, with regards to the Indian constabulary.

vcs

Indian Govt. bringing out the big guns now in response to Chinese incursions. Banned many Chinese apps including TikTok.

Cheen ko karara jawaab diya

Daemon

That's pretty bad news for ByteDance. I believe India is their second largest user base outside of China for TikTok.

vcs

It's a genius move. China can't even retaliate because we make **** all that's worth banning. :cool: