• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Official Pakistan Politics thread

honestbharani

oh ok.. I may have it wrong. He burst onto the scene when I was not here most of the time, so I may have mixed up his location. Anyways hope all our friends in Pak are safe. And hopefully this is the end of this terrorist nonsense.

smalishah84

The Tiger King
oh ok.. I may have it wrong. He burst onto the scene when I was not here most of the time, so I may have mixed up his location. Anyways hope all our friends in Pak are safe. And hopefully this is the end of this terrorist nonsense.
It probably won't be the end of terror issues. But they have definitely come down from the peak of 2009-2013. They've been on a steeply downward trajectory since.

Hopefully the trend continues and we see progressively improving situation.

trundler

Thanks for the concern guys but I'm on the other side of the country. Smali is correct.

The 2009-13 phase was so bad that if you asked someone who lived through it to list 5 of the worst, they'd have trouble doing so because of how common major blasts became. It made us numb. Things have gotten much better.

smalishah84

The Tiger King
Thanks for the concern guys but I'm on the other side of the country. Smali is correct.

The 2009-13 phase was so bad that if you asked someone who lived through it to list 5 of the worst, they'd have trouble doing so because of how common major blasts became. It made us numb. Things have gotten much better.
I lived through the 2009-2013 period and interestingly enough I lived in Lahore and isb during that time which were the worst hit cities (along with peshawar) while I originally hail from Karachi. At that time karachi seemed comparatively so much safer.

I also lived through the late 80s and mid 90s Karachi crises. So yeah, I've seen a lot :p

trundler

I lived through the 2009-2013 period and interestingly enough I lived in Lahore and isb during that time which were the worst hit cities (along with peshawar) while I originally hail from Karachi. At that time karachi seemed comparatively so much safer.

I also lived through the late 80s and mid 90s Karachi crises. So yeah, I've seen a lot :p
The first major news story I remember is BB being assassinated. Was a dark time.

smalishah84

The Tiger King
The first major news story I remember is BB being assassinated. Was a dark time.
I remember that too, I had started a new job in Karachi and I had to immediately run home from work and we got stuck in a bit of a jam. There was rioting going on the streets with PPP goons and other criminal elements setting fire to tires and also to vehicles on the streets.

I recall trying to avoid those damned crowds and sometimes having to turn in to more empty streets to avoid the burning tires blocking the roads.

Dark times indeed.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Man I can't imagine being in Karachi when BB was killed. I was in Lahore when things started to go south and shootings started becoming more and more commonplace in the late-90s. We had just had a few shooting sprees in masjids and metal detectors were being installed when we moved to the US. I don't think I went to a masjid in or near our town for a good year before we moved. It was scary but it was nowhere near as bad as the times you guys are talking about. I was actually slated to go to Lahore in 2009 but I was banned by my parents for that reason.