• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The tournament Overall

hendrix

I used to love the champion's trophy but now that the top associates are getting competitive and bangers is still pulling out the odd upset I don't really look forward to it much. Especially as the WC teams are being reduced.

Daemon

India Bangladesh, India Australia England SA and WI Afghanistan has basically made this my second favourite WT20 after the first one.

_Ed_

Oman's win was pretty great as well. It's just a shame it didn't really feel like part of the same tournament.

Arachnodouche

This tourney's been cool because the bowlers have done well. People watch these games because they're close, not only because they rain sixes. Make the format more bowler-friendly, ensure that scores rarely go above 180, and I'll be a convert.

vcs

Been a great tournament, comfortably better than any of the previous editions IMO.

Dissector

Good to see the nice balance between bat and ball continuing till the end. I have always felt that the ideal TT game has a target in the 150-160 range, a serious chance of the batting team getting bowled out and a close finish and that's exactly what we got.

smalishah84

The Tiger King
best T20 wc yet imo

really enjoyed a lot of the matches. The pitches were sporting and the games competitive.

Well done Indiar

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Memorable for sure. Watched four matches in the stadium, watched a lot on tv, got 25 or so autographs including Ambrose on a red ball. Almost every one enjoyed the tournament looking from the thread. However, what I liked was that it brought forward some of the ugly points in world cricket to the fore. The associates with the Scotland captain speaking out. The Windies. There were so many terrific matches as well. The India-New Zealand match really sticks out. India just didn't lose that one, they lost at really badly and no one expected that to happen. Every one took notice after that. Even all the associate matches were interesting to watch. Fuller mentioned how it helped see some new talent he wasn't exposed to. Afghanistan was so good to see. They have often been talked about as cricket's most remarkably improving side from their journey from when they weren't good at all. They are vastly improved in 2016 compared to 2015 and that's quite some thing given they don't have a lot of exposure. Bangladesh was asked some tough questions in the tournament and got a fine reality check. As did Pakistan. These were two sides which were progressing well over the last two years. However, now they have to take stock and see how to improve further. You could add some thing about Australia and SA and their incompetencies of different kinds as well. The tournament asked so many questions about various sides, various topics that are relevant to world cricket, that it was just smashing. And yes, the cricket rocked. T20 finally came off age with this tournament.

Newboy

Posted in other thread but that seems to be going inactive

New to cricket in that I don't really follow it much but that final was very interesting. Can see myself getting into it although I don't mind playing it tbf.

I wanted to ask who you guys think would have won if it were New Zealand in place of England? Seeing as I'm told NZ play a new type of fearless cricket.

flibbertyjibber

Only watched 5 games in full but it was good fun. Made me look forward to some proper stuff coming soon.

Well done WI on 2 great wins in the finals. Much deserved, shame the song and dance are so crap.

vcs

Why can't they use this format in the ODI WCs? Very few meaningless matches.

Zinzan

Wonderful world cup, thoroughly enjoyed it. Must confess that T20 has grown on me a lot!

vcs

Team of the tournament:

Roy
Gayle
Root
Kohli
Samuels
Buttler
Santner
Badree
Willey
Sodhi