• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warm Ups

GGG

Should of won that, Devich looked to have bowled well and Hira rubbish. Guptil, Devich. McCullum, Williamson, Taylor, Anderson, Ronchi, Neesham, N McCullum, Southee, Mills should be our team, not sure of the order.

Shri

Why is the umpire having a bowl?

Nvm, a bit fuzzy atm. Woke up from a Valium induced nap and not a lot making sense. Going back to slep, sorry.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Australia played 13 players, NZ played 12 players, Australia retired both their openers. Winning is utterly meaningless.
Agree with Jono & GGG somewhat. The NZ camp will no doubt give the 'it's a practice game' answer, but you don't practice to lose with 13 needed from 11 balls. Negative psychological points to NZ I'm afraid.

YorksLanka

disappointed with our boys performance today but well done to WIndies who deserved their win..They choked us(again) and the fact that we couldnt hit more sixes really strangled us..good for us to get a kick up the A** before the tournament begins..cant believe the Aus v NZ score wow and India looking good too...

SteveNZ

Should of won that, Devich looked to have bowled well and Hira rubbish. Guptil, Devich. McCullum, Williamson, Taylor, Anderson, Ronchi, Neesham, N McCullum, Southee, Mills should be our team, not sure of the order.
I'm okay if Anton plays, but no way am I okay if he opens (I know you didn't set this in stone). Gup scored runs today but if he gets stuck, there's no hope the bloke at the other end is going to alleviate the situation. I can see us being 18-0 off 6 against SA or Sri Lanka if they open with spin. Just because he's a batsman at domestic level doesn't mean he should be up the order if we require him as a bowling option. If he bats in the top six it's pushing the likes of Ross, Corey, Jimmy and Ronchi lower down than ideal, robbing them of balls etc. No one can tell me Anton is better equipped to bat in the top six ahead of any of those guys + Brendon, Kane.

By the way I lied, I'm not okay with Anton playing.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Australia played 13 players, NZ played 12 players, Australia retired both their openers. Winning is utterly meaningless.
Despite losing and the bowling getting smashed overall I think it was a good warmup for NZ because it solved some of their selection dilemmas a bit. Mills > Boult and Devcich > Hira sorted.

I agree with Steve about Devcich though; if he's picked it has to be as a T20 darter who can bat rather than a top order batsman. A bit like Yardy when he played for England. Top four has to be Guptill, Williamson, McCullum and Taylor.

SteveNZ

Agree with Jono & GGG somewhat. The NZ camp will no doubt give the 'it's a practice game' answer, but you don't practice to lose with 13 needed from 11 balls. Negative psychological points to NZ I'm afraid.
Absolutely it is. If you can't do it in a warm-up match, and a similar situation comes up when you're under the pump in the tournament proper, it's not going to help you too much. If warm-ups didn't mean anything, you wouldn't play them.

PEWS - you got the same awful feeling as me that he will open though?

SteveNZ

Completely forgot to check that, great news.

I think I'll solve the mystery of who shot JFK before I figure out why average left-arm spinners are such a weapon a lot of the time. I know I used to get out to them with ridiculous regularity.