• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What are you eating right now?

Daemon

I've said this before but this isn't really something that should be forced upon anyone. Hate to see it.
They didn't really force it on me, but I don't want them to be hurt and disappointed if I just refuse to do it. I love my parents and I'm still in their home, so I play by their rules and try to keep them happy.

trundler

They didn't really force it on me, but I don't want them to be hurt and disappointed if I just refuse to do it. I love my parents and I'm still in their home, so I play by their rules and try to keep them happy.
More or less the situation I'm in. Thank **** or Corona because I've at least dodged the congregational prayer bullet that way.

trundler

Fruit chat, a chicken curry and there's a pizza in the oven. Copious amounts of Rooh Afza to wash it down.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I decided to become a bore last Ramadan and just do iftari with whatever the dinner plan was. Helped me lose a lot of weight and I'm carrying into this year.

zorax

likes this
La Terrazza Pizzeria: The Hawaiian and the House Special pizzas and Jalapeno poppers

20200430_194628.jpg

Fun fact: both pizzas had pineapple. The sign of a restaurant with good taste.

zorax

likes this
So today I attempted tandoori chicken

20200502_163701.jpg

Obviously i dont have a tandoor, so the strategy was marinate the chicken and cook it in a cast iron skillet with some oil and ghee

I used frozen chicken thighs with bone in and skin on. Not ideal, but its what I had and i cbf preparing the chicken. Plus i wanted to see how tandoori chicken with skin looks like.

I did a two step marinade. First step was to use just salt, red chili powder, lemon juice, and freshly made garlic and ginger paste. I let that sit for 30 mins. Then i added the chicken into a marinade of yoghurt, oil, garlic ginger paste, turmeric, red chili powder, salt, garam masala and coriander powder. Get a good coating on it and let it sit

The first batch of the chicken that i cooked (pictures above) didnt taste very tandoori like, but that's because i didnt let it sit in the second marinade very long. The second batch cooked several hours later was much better. Think next time i try this I'll probably use smaller pieces and marinade it longer.

zorax

likes this
Oh and the chutney is coriander, green chili, ginger, tomato, salt, lemon juice and a little bit of garlic and oil. Blend them all into a paste, and add some yoghurt into once blended. Really good. Very pleased with how that turned out

Adders

Zorax, imo the red tandoori colouring is an important ingredient in tandoori chicken. Admittedly it adds nothing of flavour but that deep red colour just gives you that authentic feel.

User beware though, wear gloves cos if that **** gets on your hands they are stained for a week.