• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will win the trophy?

Who will win the trophy?

• Total voters

Slats4ever

i love your certainty Fraz man that India will win!!! it's hilarious!!! I think England are a chance. they're the only one's who have been playing any serious cricket of late. depends if they come up against australia (their bogey team) or not. if they don't they might do it

Mister Wright

Slats4ever said:
i love your certainty Fraz man that India will win!!! it's hilarious!!! I think England are a chance. they're the only one's who have been playing any serious cricket of late. depends if they come up against australia (their bogey team) or not. if they don't they might do it
yes, but England haven't been playing that well in ODIs. I think Australia showed on the weekend that they have the allround players and capabilities to win the tournament.

Mister Wright

Generally this year, England hasn't been playing that well, keeping in mind one loss and you are out of this tournament, they will have to have, Harmisson, Flintoff, Collingwood and Vaughan all performing at the same time.

pakster

Im surprised more people havnt gone for pakistan. Ok, they're not consistent, but of late they have beaten india twice and pushed the ozzies all the way!

If they can sort their bowling (*coughs* get rid of akhtar) they might cause an upset or 2....!

WI are also a good bet, they can be explosive in ODI's!

open365

hoe the hell can anyone say anyone apart from australia?there the best by miles...but usa ave a god chance

Tim

I don't really know if England can use India as a good form indicator..as India are struggling a bit at the moment too.
Still, it was a huge improvement from the Natwest series.

Mr Mxyzptlk

On confidence it would surely be England or Australia.
On smart money it would be Australia.
On a hunch it would be Pakistan or India.
On the outside it would be South Africa and the West Indies.
On drugs it would be USA.

Tim

we've been winning for 13 games straight now..not just 2 or 3. You have said since I can remember that apart from Australia every other side is equal in ODI cricket..so this streak ain't so bad surely?

tooextracool

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
On confidence it would surely be England or Australia.
On smart money it would be Australia.
On a hunch it would be Pakistan or India.
On the outside it would be South Africa and the West Indies.
On drugs it would be USA.
personally when it comes down to hunches, NZ are right at the top.

tooextracool

Tim said:
we've been winning for 13 games straight now..not just 2 or 3. You have said since I can remember that apart from Australia every other side is equal in ODI cricket..so this streak ain't so bad surely?
surely teams like SA and WI are below teams like SL and NZ

age_master

Yeah NZ are a good chance, all they have to do is get over Australia early on and they should win easy :)

Tim

Yeah, well I think Australia will win....but I wouldn't be surprised if it came down to the last over.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tim said:
I deliberately put that ;) Tim - of course it isn't so bad, but you can't by the same token pay any less credence to the 2 wins England had last week.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'm not saying people have been voting with their heart rather than their head, but have you seen the poll on that feature article?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
marc71178 said:
I'm not saying people have been voting with their heart rather than their head, but have you seen the poll on that feature article?
fine,

People have been voting with their heart rather than their head.