• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Yoga

zorax

likes this
Why is it so hard, and what's your favourite pose?

Been doing a lot more of the pidgeon pose lately. Great to open up the hips.

Lillian Thomson

I tried it a couple of times. It can be quite strenuous, but the real snag before you become familiar with the moves by name is trying to follow the person on the screen when the move isn’t conducive to your head facing in the direction of the TV.

zorax

likes this
I tried it a couple of times. It can be quite strenuous, but the real snag before you become familiar with the moves by name is trying to follow the person on the screen when the move isn’t conducive to your head facing in the direction of the TV.
if following a video, I just pause and rewind a lot

real life instruction is huge though. Helps you fix things you didn't even know you were doing wrong

can be a disaster sometimes tho - I once had an instructor who was hell bent on getting us all to make these extremely difficult postures pushing us past our limits. One of my friends got a back injury from the classes trying to keep up. Not safe. Good instructors teach progression.

Daemon

I've always had anterior pelvic tilt and hip flexor issues that make my lower back hurt.

Doing the glute bridge helps relieve the pain a bit, even if it won't solve the issue.

Neptune

I have 47 minute yoga sessions every morning at 8:00 am in my front garden. It helps strengthen my gluteal muscles.

zorax

likes this
I've always had anterior pelvic tilt and hip flexor issues that make my lower back hurt.

Doing the glute bridge helps relieve the pain a bit, even if it won't solve the issue.
Have you gotten this looked at by an expert

zorax

likes this
Yoga? At my age? I don't think so.
Yoga is apt for all ages mate. Give it a go. Start slow and don't push past your limits. Improving flexibility and range of motion is a simple thing you can do for a massive improvement in quality of life

My parents are in their 60s and have only just started practicing.