• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your 4 Semi-Finalists?

Which four sides will make the World Cup semi-finals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spark

Global Moderator
Reckon SL are still a decent shout tbh. Seem to play really well in Australian conditions.

weldone

Australia, South Africa, India, New Zealand

2 of these team will surely play the final.

Last edited:

weldone

What I meant is these 4 are the likely semi-finalists. And if 1-2 of them misses out by chance, then the replacement team(s) won't reach final for sure.

ankitj

Australia and Sri Lanka to top the pool A.
SA and India to top the pool B.

SA to lose in quarters to 4th placed team in pool A which I think will be England.

So the semi finalist: Australia, Sri Lanka, India, England

ankitj

Australia, South Africa, Pakistan and India. South Africa and Australia to meet in the final. South Africa choke again and Australia win again in a thriller. Mitchell Johnson to hit the winning runs.
South Africa doesn't wait till final to choke historically.

Susan Mary

Banned
Its been a tradition now that England, West Indies, Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka, Australia and South Africa are always in the super 8. The real fun begins in super 8.

BeeGee

Its been a tradition now that England, West Indies, Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka, Australia and South Africa are always in the super 8. The real fun begins in super 8.
The only world cup to feature a super 8 was 2007. The two WCs prior had super 6 rounds. The only teams to feature in all three of those super stages were Australia and New Zealand. Zimbabwe made the super stage more often than England. So no, it's not traditional for those teams to feature.

harsh.ag

I went for Aussies, Saffers, India, and SL.

Sri Lanka always make the semis. They will do it again. I think India will be there too. Our batting is too strong atm. Any of these four may miss out to New Zealand.

theegyptian

The only world cup to feature a super 8 was 2007. The two WCs prior had super 6 rounds. The only teams to feature in all three of those super stages were Australia and New Zealand. Zimbabwe made the super stage more often than England. So no, it's not traditional for those teams to feature.
Whilst true the main reason Zimbabwe progressed in 2003 was because England forfeited their game in Zimbabwe on political grounds.

Zinzan

New Zealand has a better reputation for making the semis, and this time they have a better team and home advantage.

NZ are the dark horses really.
Not sure we can use the words 'dark-horse' for NZ anymore tbh since just about everyone is rating them in the top 4, including betting agencies :p

I think we've reached the point where so many people have said they're a 'dark-horse', that they're actually not anymore...lol

Last edited:

Blocky

Banned
I've gone for the Windies, so long as they've got their strongest team on the park I still think they're a world class ODI team.
NZ and Australia, home conditions, strong squads, should do well.
South Africa, self explanatory.

howardj

Given the dumb format, who would know?

Forced to choose, I'd say Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, India