• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your favourite event/s?

thewizard1o1

Mister Wright said:
From memory, Korda was a tennis player, not a cyclist. I'm pretty sure on that one.
Yes he was...but considering he weighed 15-20 kgs, i would never have belived that he was on roids till he got caught...it took the 'only 'arne' type guys get on the roids', myth right away for me.

Craig

World Traveller
Linda said:
Dressage is about as exciting as a sponge. Why anyone would want to watch some fancy pants making a horse walk, I dont understand.

Can I ask you Craig, being the bike nutter you are, why do they do that funny little chasey thing in those sprints? The ones Sean Eadie and them were doing last night..
Don't usually take much notice of track cycling, I guess that is to make them go faster by keeping up with it.

thewizard1o1

From what i can gather it is like a 'match race' over 200 meters, it would have been quite enjoying back in the day when the rules on 'bumping' weren't so harsh.

Linda

Yeah, Ive watched a few more myself, and it seems to just be to get in the right position tactically before they start the sprinting.
Im so getting into the track cycling now, its so good! Our team last night were AMAZING (plus, its always nice to beat the poms).

Cloete

Linda said:
Yeah, Ive watched a few more myself, and it seems to just be to get in the right position tactically before they start the sprinting.
Im so getting into the track cycling now, its so good! Our team last night were AMAZING (plus, its always nice to beat the poms).
Same here. Very interesting, still nothing like the good old road races. But I've always been a fan of track!

Rosh

I love watching Boxing (Aamir Khan is Great). Other fav. are 100m, 200m, 400m, relays, swimming, diving, basketball and football.