• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your World Cup Highlight.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Eyes_Only said:
Nope...apparently it was not out!!
]
First I'd heard that... apparently it was a massive edge, there's no way anyone (let alone an Aussie) would walk if they didn't hit it.

Top_Cat

Are we talking about the same Gilchrist dismissal? Because if we're talking about the one we think we are, Gilchrist was most definately OUT. Every replay of it showed a huge under-side edge onto his pad which ballooned up for the catch. He definately hit it.

Eyes: How on earth could you possibly say he wasn't out? Gilchrist walked pretty spontaneously so he must have known he hit it and in every possible replay, the edge was crystal-clear.

Legglancer

High Point : Davidson's Century and Canada's Victory over Bangladesh.

Low Point : NZ and England forefitting matchers.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Top_Cat said:

Eyes: How on earth could you possibly say he wasn't out? Gilchrist walked pretty spontaneously so he must have known he hit it and in every possible replay, the edge was crystal-clear.
Doesn't bode well if the forum's premier umpire gets things like this wrong! ;)

Rik

Top_Cat said:
Are we talking about the same Gilchrist dismissal? Because if we're talking about the one we think we are, Gilchrist was most definately OUT. Every replay of it showed a huge under-side edge onto his pad which ballooned up for the catch. He definately hit it.

I wouldn't want her umpiring in a match I'm playing in ;)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
vishnureddy said:
<quack>

Oh yes!!!

A few thoughts about umpires.

If David Shepherd sticks his finger in the air, the batsman's out.

If Venkat sticks his finger in the air, Yaju's just asked him if an aeroplane's flying over his head.

If Steve Bucknor sticks his finger in the air, it means the batsman was out 10 minutes ago.

If Billy Bowden sticks his finger in the air, it's a precursor to a song and dance.

If Eyes sticks her finger in the air, she's drying her nails.

Last edited:

Rik

luckyeddie said:
<quack>

Oh yes!!!

If Venkat sticks his finger in the air, Yaju's just asked him if an aeroplane's flying over his head.

If Steve Bucknor sticks his finger in the air, it means the batsman was out 10 minutes ago.

If Billy Bowden sticks his finger in the air, it's a precursor to a song and dance.

And if Eddie sticks his finger in the air then it's usually a prelude to a fight ;)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Rik said:
And if Eddie sticks his finger in the air then it's usually a prelude to a fight ;)
Wasn't me, mate. I've just discovered that my account had been hacked.

(<quack> tee hee)

Eyes_Only

Hey guys...

Thanks for the vote of confidence on my umpiring...

BTW Eddie...I don't put nail polish on my fingernails as I am unable to grow them as they break easily as I am alergic to milk and dairy products;)

Eyes_Only

luckyeddie said:
<quack>

Oh yes!!!

I notice you didn't say anything about Simon Eddie...:P

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Eyes_Only said:
Hey guys...

BTW Eddie...I don't put nail polish on my fingernails as I am unable to grow them as they break easily as I am alergic to milk and dairy products;)
Interesting you should say that.....

I'm actually allergic to things that don't contain alcohol:D

Eyes_Only

Hey Eddie...

I have been alergic to milk and Dairy my whole life...I can only have a splash of milk in my tea and that makes me ill!!:rolleyes:

Gotchya

Personal favourite is certainly the Ponting innings, to do what he did in a World Cup final is phenomenal.

Low points are the Zimbabwe debacle, anything to do with Pakistani or South African cricket in the tournament.

And ofcourse, so many experienced players have now retired, thats a post World Cup low point

Rik

Eyes_Only said:
Hey guys...

Take calcium tablets :P