• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** OFFICIAL East Coast Fury Thread **

Goughy

For the CW vs NZ game, the CW FA would like to ask Fury Captain, Kingsley Clapham, to be captain.

The role is to select a 16 man squad (the captain isnt obliged to feature) and then the tactics and starting line-up

Please reply if the position will be taken

Johnners

Wow, I'd be honoured to take the position :) (Although I see it more as a managers position, as I'll be hard pressed to make the squad..)

I'll name a team etc. for you tonight when I get home from work, let me know if you'll need it sooner?

Last edited:

Goughy

Matchday 7- Sat 19th Jan
Northern Power vs East Coast Fury
Central United vs Island Swell

Reminder to send Teamsheets

Goughy

Oh, thought there may have been a roster update after the match against NZ?
Ill do a roster update after the next round of games.

Ill sim the games for the Matchday 8 as soon as I get a Teamsheet from you.

The issues for Fury are
Code:
Rhys_Williams (eas) is suspended for 1 games
Dave_Kearsley (eas) is suspended for 1 games

Johnners

Well, after a most encouraging start with the win over Auckland, we've certainly dropped off with only 1 goal in our next 4 games. Our biggest problem is that we're getting absolutely smashed in terms of posession, which is something we'll need to sort out quickly otherwise it could be a long hard season.

There are some positives though, our defence especially. Letting in only 3 goals is a fantastic effort giving our lack of possession, and McPinch has done his job between the sticks (despite a few small errors).

Carn the Fury!

pinchy81

Well, after a most encouraging start with the win over Auckland, we've certainly dropped off with only 1 goal in our next 4 games. Our biggest problem is that we're getting absolutely smashed in terms of posession, which is something we'll need to sort out quickly otherwise it could be a long hard season.

There are some positives though, our defence especially. Letting in only 3 goals is a fantastic effort giving our lack of possession, and McPinch has done his job between the sticks (despite a few small errors).

Carn the Fury!
Like to see you do my job and not make at least 1 error :p

Carn the Fury

Johnners

Thanks Goughy.

Well, after the high of defeating Auckland, that was quite a dismal pre-season. We really need to lift in ALL departments if we're going to mount any sort of a challenge at the end of the of the season proper.

Johnners

Well that was a somewhat disappointing start to the season proper. With Dwyer out injured this game, we'll try a 4-4-1-1 setup, with Sam on his own up front, and myself behind him at AM. We really need to find a way to score goals.

Johnners

Thanks Goughy.

Dwyer back for this game, not sure what formation we should try though...

Oh, and is it not to much to ask for perhaps a little bit of activity from the rest of the team?