• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Premier League

Mr Mxyzptlk

Haha, way to miss the point.

The CWXI plays international matches against countries' national teams, so I guess we're all from CWLand or thereabouts.

So I'm wondering if you're allowed to be a home-qualified player in the IPL, or will you be classified as a CWLand overseas player?

And if you want an Indian nationality, how will you play for CWLand's international team?
Indeed. Indian-born CW players will be considered overseas.

We have, however, agreed to deals with the ECB and CA dictating that English and Australian-born CW players can operate as domestic signings in County cricket and State cricket respectively. But that's a matter for another time. Nothing to do with the IPL.

Mr Mxyzptlk

What is the duration of IPL? How many matches are being played now? Will we have ODI's and test matches in IPL in our first version? Just finding out the league that require my cricket.
It's unlikely that the IPL will extend into the club cricket season. There will likely be a CW XI tour clashing with it at some point though.

Majin

Can someone find me a full Jaipur squad? Internet giving me grief aws.

Code:
No 	Name 	Age 	Nationality 	Playing Role 	Batting Style 	Bowling/Fielding 	Bidding Price
1 	Shane Warne (Captain) 	38 	Flag of Australia 	Bowler 	RHB 	RLB 	US$ 450,000
2 	Graeme Smith 	27 	Flag of South Africa 	Batsman 	LHB 	ROB 	US$ 475,000
3 	Yusuf Pathan 	25 	Flag of India 	All Rounder 	RHB 	RLB 	US$ 475,000
4 	Kamran Akmal 	26 	Flag of Pakistan 	Batsman 	RHB 	WK 	US$ 150,000
5 	Mohammad Kaif 	27 	Flag of India 	Batsman 	RHB 	ROB 	US$ 675,000
6 	Munaf Patel 	24 	Flag of India 	Bowler 	RHB 	RFM 	US$ 275,000
7 	Justin Langer 	38 	Flag of Australia 	Batsman 	LHB 	RM 	US$ 200,000
8 	Younis Khan 	31 	Flag of Pakistan 	Batsman 	RHB 	RLB 	US$ 225,000
9 	Dimitri Mascarenhas 	30 	Flag of England 	Batsman 	RHB 	RHB 	US$ 100,000
10 	Shane Watson 	27 	Flag of Australia 	All Rounder 	RHB 	RHB 	US$ $125,000
11 	Morne Morkel 	23 	Flag of South Africa 	Bowler 	LHB 	RHB 	US$ $60,000
12 	Sohail Tanvir 	24 	Flag of Pakistan 	All Rounder 	LHB 	LHB 	US$ $100,000
13 	Pankaj Singh 	22 	Flag of India 	Bowler 	RHB 	RFM 	Local Player[3]
14 	Anoop Revandkar 	21 	Flag of India 				Under 22 Player[4]
15 	Ravindra Jadeja 	19 	Flag of India 	All Rounder 	LHB 	LHB 	Under 19 Player
16 	Taruwar Kohli 	19 	Flag of India 	Batsman 	RHB 	RHB 	Under 19 Player

Majin

Selection is already looking to be a right ****, if we bring in a couple more quality CW'ers it's going to be a complete pain in the arse. But it's a good squad to pick from already :happy:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
There has to be more Indian players coming into these squads, surely? There's only 7 in the Jaipur side, which means they all have to play every game.

Travis_Teh

Nice, I get to play Tom Moody. What a total champion that guy is :)

Where are the current IPL squads? (Rai, what did you use??)

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Domestic Twenty20 stats, if a player has more than 10 Twenty20s to his name. If not, I adjust List-A stats. I won't say exactly by how much, but batting average and bowling SR drop. Economy goes up.
Hoping the current statistics of those who have played T20's will be counted in some way :ph34r:

Majin

the last 12 are all (mostly) quality as well so...I'm glad I got into a managers spot anyway :p

Also, is A Banath the 17 year old West Indian or someone I'm missing completely?

Mr Mxyzptlk

The CWBCC has come to an agreement with the BCCI. CW players with Indian heritage will not be considered overseas in the IPL.

Goughy

The CWBCC has come to an agreement with the BCCI. CW players with Indian heritage will not be considered overseas in the IPL.

That changes the whole bidding around. I dont think any one of the CW players Delhi bought were of an Indian background.

Not knowing this before the CW players have been allocated has shafted some teams ie mine :)

Do-over?