• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Warm-Ups...

Naumaan

Tide might be turning.
Aust were probably man-for-man the best team on paper, but their form was terrible; hence everyone (myself included) wrote them off as an outside chance at best.

No resting of players. No sillyness during games. Even contributions during winning performances in lead-ups.

Bookies running scared. :cool:
i never wrote them off
they're one of the very best, if they all click together, very hard to beat them
but to be honest, they don't look good against spiners these days, although 've seen them spiners everywhere in ODI's but now a days, even against Pakistani spin bowlers they looked ordinary
if they've managed to handle spin bowling then they're definately the favourites

Son Of Coco

Imagine the conversations they would have while playing chess.

Chris Gayle:"This Game is boring"
Kevin Pietersen:"So Gayle what do you think of the fab new English uniforms"
Kevin Pietersen:"Thats right I'm English"
Gayle: "Checkmate"
Pietersen: "No, that's our all-rounder. I'm South African"

Naumaan

South Africa want an extra game tomorrow against the Irish. Think they need it, they haven't broke sweat yet.
hmmm better not to play extra game, i guess they should wish for extra game in t20 championship
cuz they're the most unlucky side in the world, horrible things happen with them, they always reach a tournament as favourites but never manage world cup victory, so they should wish for extra games in original championship rather than warm ups ( that's what my stupid thinking)

Son Of Coco

i never wrote them off
they're one of the very best, if they all click together, very hard to beat them
but to be honest, they don't look good against spiners these days, although 've seen them spiners everywhere in ODI's but now a days, even against Pakistani spin bowlers they looked ordinary
if they've managed to handle spin bowling then they're definately the favourites
There's a chance the English wickets won't take spin like those tailored for it in the UAE

jondavluc

hmmm better not to play extra game, i guess they should wish for extra game in t20 championship
cuz they're the most unlucky side in the world, horrible things happen with them, they always reach a tournament as favourites but never manage world cup victory, so they should wish for extra games in original championship rather than warm ups ( that's what my stupid thinking)
*Cough* Choking *Cough* Choking.

Naumaan

There's a chance the English wickets won't take spin like those tailored for it in the UAE
yeah
true!!!!
So i guess people should get ready for an Aussie dominance in t20 also lol
or maybe it'll be tough, group E 'll test India, Australia & South Africa

Steulen

Consensus seems to be don't do anything silly against Nannes and just take the rest to the cleaners. Going be hard for the Dutch as they can't build pressure at both ends.
Schiferli isn't a bad bowler at all and seems to profit from the batsmen trying to score off him with Nannes at the other end. I'm especially happy about Seelaar, seems to be developing into a handy spinner.
As Nannes said just now, hopefully he can get a few wickets on Friday and Schiferli/Seelaar/RTD manage to back him up.
The Scots again deflate like a soufflé after a promising start, grinding to a halt after 3 down.
This should be game for the Dutch.

jondavluc

Yeah, they had a huge choke in Aus.
I'm guessing you mean last series in Australia?.

If so yes they did do well but they were chokers their is no doubt about that.Good to see they are starting to relinquish that tag though .Have always liked their team.

TT Boy

Wow, that would have a been a big wide from Malinga but Smith chased it.

Good pace from Malinga.

TT Boy

AB playing Mendis ok, just like a medium pacer. Also, not making the mistake of playing back.

Steulen

Meanwhile, in the important warm-up :), the Dutch don't seem to be in any hurry to chase down a small total. Kervezee looking good, Zuiderent a bit iffy.