• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Knockout Stages

Uppercut

In the land of the rising sun it's hard to gauge the feeling heading into tonight's match. Noone at my workplace has mentioned it.

What do others think? I reckon Japan has a chance if they move the ball around with pace and remain tight at the back.
I don't imagine it'll be a classic. Since both sides are quite a bit stronger in defence than attack it could just be a matter of who manages to nab a goal from somewhere first.

Paraguay have a slight technical and physical edge, as well as a bit more experience, so they have to be favourites. But it's close. Might have a punt on Japan to go through at 6/4.

wpdavid

I don't imagine it'll be a classic. Since both sides are quite a bit stronger in defence than attack it could just be a matter of who manages to nab a goal from somewhere first.

Paraguay have a slight technical and physical edge, as well as a bit more experience, so they have to be favourites. But it's close. Might have a punt on Japan to go through at 6/4.
If the Denmark game is anything to go by, Japan might just nick it at a set piece.
As you say, it's hard to see many goals though. Probably the least enticing game in the last 16.

Days of Grace

This Matsui fellow is quite a player. Excellent break down the right-side to set up a shot from Honda. Their the dynamic pair that Japan relies so much on, it seems.

social

Really hope Japan wins

They have very passionate fans, the team is generally not cynical at all + the fact that we beat them in the playoffs means that we have some level of bragging rights

R_D

Foz is too sanctimonious for my taste. Has some decent moments, but the thoughts on the style of play and the whole "football is the only sport in the world worth watching and you're a fool if you don't agree" thing he has going gets old.
you put that nicely......
These are things that annoy me about him as well .
He does talk sense every now and than.

R_D

Yeah..... first crap match of knockout stages.... I hope it does go to penalty shoot out