• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Knockout Stages

Pothas

Yeah they were excellent once they went in front.

Netherlands need to nick a goal early on, apparently Brazil struggled to break defensive teams down in qualification.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
:laugh:

Also, guys, we owe Dinnen an apology over what seemed his stubborn insistence that Lampard didn't score. It didn't cross the line.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
And look, I'm not going to dispute that Lampard's shot should have counted, but unless the referee gives it, it's not a goal and it's sheer desperation to start claiming that England were one of the teams to have scored more than one in the knockout stages.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yes, that's what it was SHEER DESPERATION

Scaly was obviously making a point with that post, and why anyone would contest it is beyond me. Nonetheless, had you said it wasn't a goal you'd have been, I suppose, correct, alas you said we didn't score two and you know we did even with your thistle tinted glasses on that we did.

We still lost, to a better team, deservedly. Doesn't make the decision any less disgraceful, doesn't mean it wasn't a goal.

PhoenixFire

Seems like a pretty stupid thing to contest to me anyway. It clearly crossed the line, not much else to be said about it.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Dinnen comes from a rather irational part of the world tbh, people are still trying to work out why it exists at all.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just been told that the England team are having an open-bus tour around Glasgow tomorrow

cpr

Fair play to the German goalkeeper, instantly reacted like it'd stayed out, even a split second delay would've made it even more obvious it was a goal.... Playing on as if nothing had happened will have done a fair bit to convince the linesman/ref tbh..... Think Roy Carroll, but better (and less of a ****).

Have to say, even if it goes against us, I do have to appreciate decent quality cheating :)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Will probably run Glen Johnson over as he walks down the middle of the road instead of the pavementS

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
When the chips are down, we all pull together and laugh at Scotland.

Nevermind eh, I'm sure you'll qualify again one day soon Cal. Then you can release the sequel to Don't Come Home Too Soon

Now shall we bury the hatchet before you go all William Wallace on me? :ph34r:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Fair play to the German goalkeeper, instantly reacted like it'd stayed out, even a split second delay would've made it even more obvious it was a goal.... Playing on as if nothing had happened will have done a fair bit to convince the linesman/ref tbh..... Think Roy Carroll, but better (and less of a ****).

Have to say, even if it goes against us, I do have to appreciate decent quality cheating :)
Can't say I blame him much tbh. From a very young age (over here anyway) you have it drummed into you to play to the whistle, he was pretty much just doing this.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Imagine the **** storm if a cricketer did something similar...would be like a batsman nicking one and not walking...er hang on...when in Rome old chap...