• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

outbreak

Without better technology when it's too close to tell, i propose the umpires toss a coin with the bowler and batsmen both calling then go on the result of that :P

outbreak

Really when your playing sport at an international level they should enforce all boards to provide Hot Spot at all test matches, no excuse at what's meant to be the highest level

SamSawnoff

Really when your playing sport at an international level they should enforce all boards to provide Hot Spot at all test matches, no excuse at what's meant to be the highest level
Tough call to overturn. The players know what is available so if they want to challenge those sorts of calls it's up to them. The bowling has been good so far, not much luck around though.

Last edited:

TT Boy

WTF is Tony Greig on about? Prefer when the guy is flogging Cricket Australia old tat and bigging up Underbelly.

outbreak

Tough call to overturn. The players know what is available so if they want to challenge those sorts of calls it's up to them. The bowling has been good so far, not much luck around though.
Yeah i said earlier it shouldn't be given out and i guess the captains do know whats available, but the big problem still is at the International level they should be able to have consistent technology at every ground

SamSawnoff

Yeah i said earlier it shouldn't be given out and i guess the captains do know whats available, but the big problem still is at the International level they should be able to have consistent technology at every ground
I'm not sure that's ever going to happen, you can see why the Indians don't fancy technology when it's all over the place provision wise.

Daryl Harper not being around should automatically help tech be applied more accurately though. I've never seen such weird **** going on as when he was the third ump.

uvelocity

clarke has been captaining really well, none of the wierd tactics from the ashes. has helped we have been taking loads of wickets, so this is interesting. good move bringing on lyon

outbreak

clarke has been captaining really well, none of the wierd tactics from the ashes. has helped we have been taking loads of wickets, so this is interesting. good move bringing on lyon
Not just his on field decisions either, I like that when he isn't on the field he actually watches the game and looks to be invested in it, not just phoning it in when required to do something.

uvelocity

we are asking lots of questions too when we get a wicket we will get a few. hope the rain stays away, seems like we are playing in pomgolia