• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

33rd Match - England v Bangladesh (9th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
In absolute shock over this, what a match.

England though, far out, can't believe how poor they were as a "team".

viriya

lets be realistic, England's "key" bowlers of Anderson and Broad have been awful and also untouchable in terms of their selection whereas finn bowled well and gets binned...tough to lay it all on the captain..Also, are England really that interested in anything apart from test cricket?
Seriously no logic in Broad keeping his place over Finn whatsoever.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
lets be realistic, England's "key" bowlers of Anderson and Broad have been awful and also untouchable in terms of their selection whereas finn bowled well and gets binned...tough to lay it all on the captain..Also, are England really that interested in anything apart form test cricket?
Finn really did not bowl as well as his figures suggest. The inclusion of Jordan and Hales for Finn and Ballance was completely justifiable IMO.

MW1304

We can't just drop everyone like we always say - there is literally nobody to replace these players with in County Cricket, particularly with the ball.

Flem274*

123/5
michael "no odi tons, average under 30" vaughan was a great beneficiary of ECB ODI incompetence. i'd be quiet if i were him.

the sky panel are showing why england suck. the inability of the two leading strike bowlers to take wickets is actually the biggest issue.

moeen, opener, root, taylor, buttler has the makings of a top five but no matter how much they score tthey can't win if the bowlers suck. remember the SL game where the ****ing batsmen got blamed?

Zinzan

lets be realistic, England's "key" bowlers of Anderson and Broad have been awful and also untouchable in terms of their selection whereas finn bowled well and gets binned...tough to lay it all on the captain..Also, are England really that interested in anything apart form test cricket?
lol, who said I'm "laying it all on the captain"?

Just pointing out that he doesn't strike me as an inspiring leader.

Whether KP was full of *** to an extent, we do know there's some big precious personalities within the England camp (particularly the opening bowlers) & I just happen to think the tonic is a Clarke/McCullum style leader.

YorksLanka

Finn really did not bowl as well as his figures suggest. The inclusion of Jordan and Hales for Finn and Ballance was completely justifiable IMO.
I can see what you're saying mate but the figures are the figures and he was getting wickets(however he got them)

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
We made the sweeping changes before the WC. Look at the number of games, Moeen, Hales, Taylor and Ballance have played.

Flem274*

123/5
where does woakes bat in list A for his county? england having two allrounders in the top six would help the fragile bowling.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah but two consecutive world cup wins v England and England's performances in world cups in 2011 and 2015 just means it shouldnt be automatic if it isn't automatic for likes of Bangladesh and Ireland.
What criteria do you propose?

We made quarters last time out and super 8 the one before that, so WC record would see us auto qualify if you have eight spots no?

And if you use rankings we were actually top at one point

Unless you mean next WC actually. Which we are hosting.

YorksLanka

lol, who said I'm "laying it all on the captain"?

Just pointing out that he strike me as inspiring skipper.

Whether KP was full of *** to an extent, we do know there's some big precious personalities within the England camp (particularly the opening bowlers) & I just happen to think the tonic is a Clarke/McCullum style leader.
easy tiger, wasn't saying you did, just giving my opinion that the captain automatically gets blamed but there is often more to blame in this situation(irrespective of the team)..chill pill dude..

zorax

likes this
I want Rubel as MOTM but that's just heat-of-the-moment, adrenaline high, pumped from that epic over reaction.

Really it's Mahmadullah and Mushy who set us up, followed by Mortaza and Rubel's strikes that won us the game.

Such an amazing game. Started poorly, then Sarkar and Mahmadullah looked good, then we slumped again, then Mushy and Mahmadullah beasted, then a poor finish, but 275 seemed fair. Knew these guys had it in them to defend that.

Mortaza was so beastly throughout, and Rubel with such timely blows. BD fielded well and fielded poorly in patches, Bell and Hales built a good platform, but then England kept playing soft shots, and when Taylor flashed one to slip it looked like game over.

But Butler and Root kept nudging it. Kept rotating strike. Kept the pressure up.

Then Mortaza with that beastly powerplay spell, supported well by Shakib, and it finally felt like we had secured the game.

But then Butler lifted Sunny for a six. And started finding the fence. And Woakes stopped playing and missing and played some shots too.

With 50 odd needed in 7 overs it was game over again. Then Taskin produced a wicket out of nowhere.

Then the runout. Then the six. Then that no ball. The dropped catch. Then Rubel's over.

Amazing match. Amazing win. What a game.

viriya

After how Buttler and Woakes batted, you gotta question why Hales was so circumspect at the top of the innings as well. He should just be batting freely - he has some Buttler in him imo.