• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Quarter Final - India v Bangladesh (19th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Very good chance we are going to get 4 awful quater-finals here. At least in theory the last 4 should be great though.
I don't want the format to change or anything, but sometimes I think if ODI's followed the structure of team a bats 25 overs, team b 25 and repeat, would make games seem closer. For instance in this game, you'd be 85% approx. of the way into the game before it started to seem like an 'awful' game. I'm assuming India bats the same way as they did today and Bangladesh bats a tiny bit more sensible in their first 25 overs.

harsh.ag

Good guy Dhoni always keeps all stakeholders' interests in mind. Makes sure games run their 50 overs course to maximize air time for sponsors.

Pothas

I don't want the format to change or anything, but sometimes I think if ODI's followed the structure of team a bats 25 overs, team b 25 and repeat, would make games seem closer. For instance in this game, you'd be 85% approx. of the way into the game before it started to seem like an 'awful' game. I'm assuming India bats the same way as they did today and Bangladesh bats a tiny bit more sensible in their first 25 overs.
Yeah it is just a problem with limited overs cricket, and test cricket to a lesser extent I suppose. The up side is that a close game is pretty much always a good one, unlike football or something when close games are often terrible.

social

Calling it early - Oz will pound India IF they qualify for the SF (Pakistan are dark horses) as India's bowling attack sets up too well for the Aussie batsmen

kiwiviktor81

In fairness I don't mind a one-sided game as long as the winning team does so because of an absolutely top-drawer performance and not just the losing team being ****. So far in the 2 QFs the losing team has been very poor.

harsh.ag

The way Rohit and Raina batted India out of trouble today was pretty top drawer though.

Btw, have never gotten that metaphor. The most exciting stuff found at the back of the bottom drawer imo.

harsh.ag

Good to win this comfortably. Well played by Bangers in the first half. Who knows what could have happened with that Rohit dismissal. Here we come Aussies!!!