• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st Test at the SWALEC Stadium

flibbertyjibber

Root really feels like a special player. Once in a generation sorta thing. Amazing to see his rise and rise.
Have tried to stop myself getting too carried away but he looks the best bat I have ever seen for England. Just hope it continues for a long time and isn't a 12 month thing like Vaughan's form was.

wellAlbidarned

guess my jinx against australia worked. Started watching during that unplayable starc over where he got bell and should've had root. Bowled utter rubbish after that.

91Jmay

Buttler's dismissal is still annoying me. I can't remember being that frustrated in a long time. I know that being aggressive has it's downsides and I won't be complaining at players getting out playing big shots but so tame.

Burgey

Relatively even I guess, but the deck looked a good one to bat once players got in.

Nice knock by Root, he looks a good player. Stokes again producing with the cue, and the WPNCOS did the job well on day one too.

Burgey

Personally think this is a 450 pat innings one deck. Given how low and ale it looked up front, both sides are going to want to do their best batting work in their first digs. Australia need to dock England's tail early day two

TheJediBrah

Perfect pitch prepared for England to try and restrict Australia's strengths, however despite being "slow and low" it was still very good for batting and 343 in day is far from a boring days test cricket. Good to see England's aggression.

It would be nice for Australia to have a keeper who didn't drop sitters though

grecian

Personally think this is a 450 pat innings one deck. Given how low and ale it looked up front, both sides are going to want to do their best batting work in their first digs. Australia need to dock England's tail early day two
Very important, reckon it'll decide if England have to bat again or not.

Burgey

I should have said so much depends on the atmospherics in England. When it was cloudy in the first session it hooped a fair bit. If it's sunny for the next couple of days then you would think the batsmen will fill their boots.
Forecast is fine for the next three days with showers Sunday, according to weather app.

Last edited:

social

Was strangely disinterested last night so only watched an hour or 2 but suspect that England's score will prove to be a good one if overhead conditions remain the same

Oz bowling was largely poor from what I saw (seriously, how hard is it to pitch the ball up to Balance?)

I am also glad that Haddin is such a good team man because that drop was a shocker

social

I should have said so much depends on the atmospherics in England. When it was cloudy in the first session it hooped a fair bit. If it's sunny for the next couple of days then you would think the batsmen will fill their boots.
Forecast is fine for the next three days with showers Sunday, according to weather app.
It's Wales so likely to be ****

Son Of Coco

Haddin will be breathing a sigh of relief that his drop only cost the team 134 runs. Hopefully he can wipe that deficit off with the bat midway through the 3rd test.

Good to see our bowlers conjuring up some 2009 - 2010/11 form with the ball too. Admittedly it looks in good nick for the batsmen - if someone with Ballance's technique, where he constantly looks surprised he's hit it in defence, can score runs it must be. But not being able to bowl 6 balls in a row around the same area didn't help. Hopefully it gets sorted out sometime soon.

Highlights obviously Cook and Bell. Although they'll get runs if we keep offering up this rubbish with the ball.

Antihippy

Haddin will be breathing a sigh of relief that his drop only cost the team 134 runs. Hopefully he can wipe that deficit off with the bat midway through the 3rd test.
You expect him to score more than 134 runs for the series? That's a bold prediction.