• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Semi Final - Australia v England

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

OverratedSanity

I'm feeling pretty emotional. This will be the first world cup final I'll watch live. I don't know how to deal with England being in one.
Good stuff. There's honestly nothing like watching a wc knockout match live. I've attended many great tests but being there to see India beat Australia in the 2011 QF is up there with anything else I've experienced.

Should cherish it no matter who wins. :)

wrongun

Banned
Give over mate :) . We play way better than your lot now . England's style is custombuilt and draws a lot of inspiration from the South Africa, Aussie and New Zealand sides of the recent past . It's also built around the fact that we don't naturally produce a great deal of spin or pace bowlers recently and the Kookaburra don't suit our naturally occuring talents well . So we spent most this century always playing second fiddle to these great sides full of lusty batsmen and crafty Kookaburra bowlers .

Not any-****ing-more .Win or lose , England has found a way to compete at the top level. It aint that long ago 300 seemed improbable to us .
And players too ;) But all jokes aside, congratulations on making the finals. Go and lose to the Kiwis now.

Also, Australia has done a favour to the Poms. All the poverty striken Brits now get to watch free cricket.

srbhkshk

The sort of match where everything falls into place perfectly, well played England.

I'd rather have NZ as the winners on Sunday but don't particularly mind England either, hoping for a cracker.

zorax

likes this
Just looked mentally shot. No will to grind it out. At least make it competitive.
honestly I blame the food.

Maybe the weather too. They're too used to all that sunshine, a little bit of rain and their spirits were broken. Couldn't handle some grey skies and a bit of gloom. Just too weak mentally tbh. Burgey showed us this by getting himself banned before the KO stages. Was just a sign of things to come.

wrongun

Banned
Just looked mentally shot. No will to grind it out. At least make it competitive.
Facilitating a free finals for poor children on TV in an economically weak country is God's work. Justin Langer is a deeply devout man so I see what he's done here.

fredfertang

Maybe the weather too. They're too used to all that sunshine, a little bit of rain and their spirits were broken. Couldn't handle some grey skies and a bit of gloom. Just too weak mentally tbh. Burgey showed us this by getting himself banned before the KO stages. Was just a sign of things to come.
Burgey had clearly read the writing on the wall

trundler

Nah don't ruin this beautiful moment with that overused food gag ****