• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Semi Final - Australia v England

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Howe_zat

Bit harsh on Broad.
Yeah good point. Anderson and Broad in for Plunkett and Wood. Then leave it.

Putting the names and numbers on the kits will help (just say the blue was a temporary thing) and tell them they've got 50 overs to bat. They'll make 300 more often that way

flibbertyjibber

Yeah good point. Anderson and Broad in for Plunkett and Wood. Then leave it.

Putting the names and numbers on the kits will help (just say the blue was a temporary thing) and tell them they've got 50 overs to bat. They'll make 300 more often that way
Being serious we could have a really weird side for the Ireland test that is nothing like the ashes team as Anderson is currently injured and they won't risk him if there is any doubt and we know Archer has had a niggle and Bairstow might need a few weeks if his slip today did any damage. Add in the fact that Woakes and Stokes need to have workloads managed and we could go with Broad, Curran, Wood, Moeen and one of Stokes/Woakes for Ireland.

Howe_zat

Yeah England will probably end up with a ramshackle side for that test. If it were in Malahide I'd say there'd be a decent chance of their seamers embarassing us, I expect to get away with it at Lords.

ImpatientLime

still reckon murtagh on his home patch at lords will give england all they can handle. canny old fella.

was gonna say do we really want broad back but then i remembered its england v australia in england. he'll meme his way to a match winning performance out of nowhere at some point.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Well played England, and commiserations to Australia. England looked a class above.

Everything on this Lords' wicket for mine. If it's a road England will be close to unbeatable. If there's something in it for the seamers, NZ are right in it.

flibbertyjibber

Who comes in for Morgan?
Hildreth.

I wish.

Batting could be all over the shop depending on fitness, Roy hammy and Bairstow whatever from today. Presume Burns, Root and Buttler all play and Moeen will be at 7/8 but we could pick any 3 from about 10 to fill the other slots. If Ballance hadn't failed so often he'd probably be a cert given his form this season.

andmark

FWIW, at this point, the weather for the final is due to be cloudy. Little chance of rain according to the BBC.

PikeyB

Didn't fancy Morgan as a Test Batsman ... He's one of them bats who could slide in 5-7 right now and do well ....but 5-7 is the most oversubscribed spot in the bastard team ! Our bloody bowlers could do that :D At least with Roy we know he's worth a punt at 3 .

Personally I want any new lads running out against Ireland , blood them up before the Ashes pressure cooker .

So far as the final goes , I reckon we've got the edge bat'n'ball if we get a flat dry pitch on a sunny day . There's always that danger across the slope, I think Coney said Henry would be a handful with his action.

If there something in the pitch or in the air , we could be in for a real tussle . Loving Woakes with a new ball when it's doing a bit .

Personally I would not be that gutted if we lost to a stronger performance now. I feel we've achieved enough to be proud of our turnaround since 2015 . It ll be nice if Johnny Bairstow can rest his ginger ballsack on top of the World Cup in the dressing rooms after the game ...but it's not essential . ;)

Last edited:

hazsa19

Wow! Despite not seeing any of todays play, I haven't felt this happy about cricket since that incredible first day of the MCG Test in 2011. In many ways it feels familiar, bit of nerves coming in, just recently been hammered by the crime, 'this is our big chance', then pretty much from the word go we absolutely dominate proceedings. Amazing.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Wow! Despite not seeing any of todays play, I haven't felt this happy about cricket since that incredible first day of the MCG Test in 2011. In many ways it feels familiar, bit of nerves coming in, just recently been hammered by the crime, 'this is our big chance', then pretty much from the word go we absolutely dominate proceedings. Amazing.
Dude, that special day was in 2010