• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Edgbaston, Birmingham

trundler

All round awful from England. Squandered a winning position in the first dig them squandered a decent lead and let Wade get a century. Let Australia grind them into the dust. And can we finally admit that having a few no rounders doesn't make up for a flaky top order? Pattinson was very unlucky in the first innings, I thought. Lyon stepped up. If your spinner can't win you a game on a pitch like this he's worthless. Epic match performance from Smith. Cummins looks like he's back.

NotMcKenzie

Even if we lose the rest of the tests, I just want to say [think: "Bill Lawry"]:

Stick that up your collective a***s, Birmingham

Last edited:

trundler

Those two Smith tons have to be up there with any of the other great performances in cricket history. I dont think there's ever been a pair of tons that influential to a result.
Those usually come on roads or at home against weaker sides so this is comfortably the best match performance I've seen

Starfighter

Funny how active flibberty was on Thursday night, now he's completely disappeared. I can imagine he'll be back as sneeringly as ever if England go on and do well and win.

Test_Fan_Only

England test side for the next test.

Burns, Sibley, Balance, Root, Northeast, Stokes, Foakes, Woakes, Archer, Broad, Leach.

Cannot do any worse than the current lot.

wpdavid

Those two Smith tons have to be up there with any of the other great performances in cricket history. I dont think there's ever been a pair of tons that influential to a result.
I put them up there with Steve Waugh's twin tons on a tricky Old Trafford wicket in 1997. On that occasion, Australia were actually trailing in the series 0-1, and 0-2 may have taken some turning around. Instead they coasted home in the usual fashion. Probably against a better England attack too, although Caddick's no-show was about as useful as Anderson's injury this time.

Spikey

I can't think of anything else like it off the top of my head. Steve Waugh 97 doesn't work imo because Aus had a 80 odd lead going into their second innings