• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Official Movie Discussion Thread

OverratedSanity

Dolemite is my name was a wonderful watch. Not sure how enjoyable it'd be for someone who isn't not atleast a little familiar with the subject matter but I'm a sucker for these kind of movies.

Niall

Ricky can be tedious at times and his output since the office has been patchy,,,but he was funny and a lot of his targets deserved his scorn.

I seen JoJo rabbit earlier, its very enjoyable. Scarlett is such an immense actress who nails everything as was rockwell who probably deserved more time also props to.merchant who was chilling in his small role.

The kids were the stars however,, the lead obviously but the kid playing yorki his chum stole the show.

Its amusing as you'd expect from this director and with that cast, but has plenty of moments of genuine pathos.

highly recommend.

Bahnz

I watched Doctor Sleep (the sequel to The Shining) today. It completely lacks the ethereal, slow-burn psychological horror of the first, but if you can look past that, it's really good shlocky fantasy horror. Ewan McGregor is excellent as usual, and the character arc of middle-aged Danny Torrence is extremely satisfying. It is probably too long, but in spite of that it's still relatively well paced and interesting all the way through. And the ending is far more satisfactory than the book that inspired it.

8/10

_Ed_

That's really good to hear. It's certainly not my favourite King book, so I was a bit wary about that adaptation.

Malcolm

Saorise Ronan receives her 4th Oscar nomination and she's just 25.

I hope Renee Zellweger bags this one. She was wonderful in Judy.

Niall

Saorise Ronan receives her 4th Oscar nomination and she's just 25.

I hope Renee Zellweger bags this one. She was wonderful in Judy.
she is strong fav this time round so she should.

I don't hate the nominations, obvious criticisms is the exclusion of the farewell and arguably parasite could have snagged some acting nominations.

Once upon a time in hollywood is not peak QT,,,but I found it very entertaining so it winning won't bother me to much,,,ideally Parasite should win but am skeptical sadly.

Pleased The Irishman won't get any of the big awards although somehow it nominated in the best visuals category.:unsure:

Grasshopper

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...en-joker-stop-seeing-important-mediocre-films

not sure how this article ended up in the guardian,,,but its not bad at all.

I seen 1917 earlier,,,its 3/5 personified,,looks immense but was never as immersed as I was hoping.
Enjoyed the article, cheers. Agree that a lot of critically acclaimed recent films like Black Panther, Us and Midsomar - while all solid efforts - don't live up to the hype. And the whole "important political messaging" validation of otherwise middling movies is starting to really get on my ****.

MW1304

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...en-joker-stop-seeing-important-mediocre-films

not sure how this article ended up in the guardian,,,but its not bad at all.

I seen 1917 earlier,,,its 3/5 personified,,looks immense but was never as immersed as I was hoping.
This is literally an article written by Stan from South Park in the 'Everything Is ****' episode.

Moaning that most films were mediocre, and there are no good film critics (who, God forbid, have a political bent!) in a year full of really interesting films reeks of contrarianism.