• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Official Movie Discussion Thread

Niall

White men, BORING.
A lot of female producers though.

I liked it also. I try and watch films legally, but watched this on a stream and I somewhat regret it,,,definitely a film for a big screen,,,looks stunning and great dialogue.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
This is literally an article written by Stan from South Park in the 'Everything Is ****' episode.

Moaning that most films were mediocre, and there are no good film critics (who, God forbid, have a political bent!) in a year full of really interesting films reeks of contrarianism.
Nah I think it def has a point regarding important vs. good.

Like when Russian Ark was released. Like go and read a book about Russia, it'll be more interesting and informational.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Movies I watched in 2019

Coming to America (1988) - 9/10
Endgame - 8.5/10
Get Out - 8.5/10
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse - 8.5/10
Paddington 2 - 8/10
They Shall Not Grow Old - 8/10
Split - 8/10
Us - 7.5/10
Joker - 7.5/10
Toy Story 4 - 7.5/10
Incredibles 2 - 7.5/10
Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker 7.5/10
Aquaman - 7/10
Aladdin (2019) - 7/10
Spider-Man: Far from Home - 7/10
John Wick 3 - 7/10
Captain Marvel 7/10
Detective Pikachu - 6.5/10
Weathering with You - 6.5/10
Stardust - 6.5/10 this earns 1.5 purely from how much I love Claire Danes
**** Blockers - 6.5/10
The Little Mermaid 6.5/10
Shazam! - 6.5.10
The Crow 6.5/10
Glass 6.5/10
Despicable Me 2 - 6/10
Hobbs & Shaw - 6/10
Ghostbusters - 6/10
Fighting with my Family - 6/10
Ant-Man and the Wasp - 6/10
Anastasia (1997) - 5.5/10
The Lion King (2019) - 5/10
Tomb Raider - 5/10
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World - 5/10
Sixteen Candles - 5/10
The Conjuring 2 - 4/10
Madagascar 3 - 3/10
Hop - 1/10

Athlai

Not Terrible
Sidenote: I use a website called icheckmovies.com and tick off every movie I've ever seen. Makes exercises like this a looooot easier.

Daemon

Had a really poor 2019 in terms of movies because I became single (1 like 1 prayer)

Of that list I only watched Endgame and Aquaman. And I'm pretty sure I watched Aquaman in 2018.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah Aquaman I watched really early Jan. Spider-Man Into the Spiderverse was the first movie I watched in the year and it basically didn't get any better than that. I've possibly repeated the "best movie" also "first movie" feat with Marriage Story. So good.

Also Coming to America does not get anywhere near the credit it deserves. It's ****ing gold. The McDowell's stuff had me in stitches and Mufasa/Darth Vader as the King was just brilliant casting. I thought it was going to be so much more mean-spirited and crude but there was practically none of that in it.

vcs

Rewatched Schindler's List over the weekend. Had the box of tissues out whenever that music played. What a movie.

Athlai

Not Terrible
So Athlai, you would recommend Marriage Story for a flight watch? Also, you did not watch Knives Out?
Not yet, wanted to but didn't find the time. Marriage Story is great but it's sad and entirely carried on the leads performances, might not be ideal for a flight situation.

honestbharani

Not yet, wanted to but didn't find the time. Marriage Story is great but it's sad and entirely carried on the leads performances, might not be ideal for a flight situation.

Gotcha.. Think Scarlett mentioned how sad it made her as she worked on it too as it mirrors some of her experiences with two failed marriages etc. So not surprised its a sad movie. I am interested in Knives Out, unfortunately could not catch it in theatres. Planning to watch it on netflix or amazon sometime soon though.

Niall

It is a noisy movie and Sandler doesn't do subtlety, in either comedy or "serious" role, but I liked how the narrative snowballed into the main character's demise.
Yeah spot on. At times initially I found it overbearing and Sandler to unpleasant , but it builds up so well and what a climax. :cool:

I watched the latest Terminator film today,,not the worst of the series which isn't saying much obviously as it was still pretty generic despite lead lady having a nice face. :)

They should stop now though, only the first two are any cop, the best you can say some off them are at best 3/5. Nick Stahl one the best of the rest.

T1
T2
Stahl
Dark Fate
Salvation..

Obviously the Emilia Clark version the worst, absurdly reliant on nostalgia and no gun actors present to make it tolerable.

Heboric

Got to see the new Birds of Prey movie, very entertaining movie barring one scene it didnt feel like a superhero type movie. Reminded me in parts like Quentin Tarantinos Pulp Fiction in storytelling

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah Birds of Prey was pretty decent. Just dumb fun schlock that doesn’t take itself too seriously.

Margot Robbie and Ewan McGregor both great.