• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Recent content by Kirkut

1. Kirkut

What things come to you naturally?

It can be poetry, literature, math, physics or any other skill. What are the things that make you feel in your comfort zone?
  2. Kirkut

Places you didn't like for no reason

What cities/towns or any other place that comes to your mind which you do not like for no reason you can think of. Just that the vibes of that place doesn't suit you. For me it's Hyderabad. I really cannot think of a reason why I dislike that city although everything looked okay to me.
  3. Kirkut

What do you look like? Pt III

The previous one I posted was in 2012. This one is from 2016.
  4. Kirkut

Best English bowling attack

Here are the three that I'm kind of familiar with. I'm not familiar with the history of English cricket so I won't be able to participate much in this thread, apologies for that. Since there isn't a thread on this in CW, I'd like members with good knowledge to discuss among themselves. You may...
  5. Kirkut

Best batsman against mediocre bowling

We've done threads for best players of spin/pace/swing/seam. Now this thread is a tribute to all flat track bullies who will make the most of a flat pitch and 70 mph gun barrel straight military medium bowlers. Format doesn't matter, Tests/ODIs/T20. I left out Viv Richards from the poll because...
  6. Kirkut

Computer scientist vs computer programmer

Okay, a nerdy thread now. I was going through what is taught in AI, and it appears to be full of hardcore math with barely any emphasis on programming. To which I conclude that computer scientists are basically mathematicians who develop sophisticated algorithms and not necessarily good at...
  7. Kirkut

Are we in the midst of a paradigm shift?

Gasoline/diesel engines are being replaced by synchronous motors (electric vehicles). Malls and shopping centers are closing down due to e commerce. Pubs are closing down in the UK as people socialize online and drink at home. I won't be surprised if in the future coding basics will be...
  8. Kirkut

What is fast bowling mostly about?

I exactly remember Jimmy Anderson clocking 93 mph in an ODI game against New Zealand with a very economical run up, and it wasn't a speed gun glitch because he was averaging 89 mph in that 10 over spell. This was probably New Zealand's tour of England in 2008. Post diabetes Wasim Akram could...
  9. Kirkut

Is networking against merit?

They say to get a job it's who you know matters most. It's a present day fact, but is it ethical? To me networking is a product of present day competitive environment. Introverts and people with asperger's syndrome have it hard.
  10. Kirkut

Board games

This was very popular in India, long before people could afford personal computers and play games on it.
  11. Kirkut

What is your relationship with cricket right now?

Answers!
  12. Kirkut

To PhD or not to Phd?

Hello. Is it advisable to pursue a PhD in engineering if I do not wish to remain in academia? What kind of attitude is required for a PhD in engineering? It will be great if someone can give good and bad reasons to do a PhD as well! P.S.: The advisor I know is a great professor, he's working...
  13. Kirkut

Funny things written in exams

14. Kirkut

Funny things written in exams